Inspector 0.6.1 Released

abockabock USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai
edited February 2016 in Workbooks & Inspector

The Inspector team is happy to announce the availability of the 0.6.1 release!

This release includes our initial work on notebooks, standalone sessions that can be saved and loaded as reference documents or for educational use. You can now mix C# code and CommonMark Markdown documentation. Expect
to see a lot of work on this feature in future releases.

Other improvements in this release:

• Rich result support for geo-location types
  • Identify transparent regions in images easily
  • A new String.AsHtml() extension method to render HTML

Please read the detailed release notes for details on new features!

NOTE: Xamarin Inspector 0.6.1 still requires Xamarin Studio 5.10, and is not yet compatible with the new Xamarin Studio 6.0 (available in the alpha channel). Please stick with the Beta or Stable channel to continue using the Inspector. The next Xamarin Inspector release will require Xamarin Studio 6.0.

Inline Markdown

Viewing a geo-location in MKMapView on El Capitan

Transparent regions in images

• RyanDavisRyanDavis AUInsider, University ✭✭

Well done guys; this is coming along really nicely and I think we're starting to see the true potential. With this kind of notebook functionality, I think the case for supporting things like NuGet packages and user-defined custom renderers/plugins becomes really strong and the utility of the tool goes from 'cool tech demo' to 'this can seriously change the way I do a bunch of things'. Really cool to see where this is going!

• abockabock USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai

@RyanDavis you nailed it - we absolutely plan on both NuGet support and custom renderers and third party interactions via a public API and mechanisms for loading such integrations.

We're iterating rapidly on these preview releases to publicly show the foundations we're laying to make all of this exciting stuff possible.

Stay tuned and thanks for your feedback and support!

• FelixLiebFelixLieb USMember

The download-link in this post refers to a generic download-link, which provides the latest version, currently 0.6.2. As I still use Xamarin Studio 5, where can I download 0.6.1?

• FelixLiebFelixLieb USMember

Thanks a lot @SandyArmstrong