Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1883,3): error MSB6006: "java.exe" exited with code 1

Hello,
I'm new to xamarin. I made a new Android Project and written a bit code. I Got the Error MSB6006: "java.exe" exited with code 1. So i started a complete new project and build it, but still the same error. I Know there are a lot of post about this kind of error but none of the given tips there helped.
I have Windows 7 Enterprise, Visual Studio 2015 with Xamarin Starter and the JDK 7u79. I have enabled the Diagnostic output, but it looks rather normal to me. the error MSB6006 is the only error/warning i get.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1883,3): error MSB6006: "java.exe" exited with code 1. 1> DexOutputs: (TaskId:150) 1>Done executing task "CompileToDalvik" -- FAILED. (TaskId:150) 1>Done building target "_CompileToDalvik" in project "App2.csproj" -- FAILED.: (TargetId:127)
I already tried using the 1G Java Max Heap Size. But I think the fault is in the used JRE beacause it lists the JRE8 and not 7, but i don't know if the JRE plays a role in the build process.
I Don't know if this is connected, but i get the Messages "Could not find schema information for the element manifest/uses-sdk/application and for the attribut package.

Thanks for your Help!

Best Answer

Answers

• Mr_ChaosMr_Chaos USMember

OK, i now have reinstalled Xamarin with the Xamarin installer instead of the Visual Studio installer. I made the JRE7 my primary JRE (I don't know if this was even necessary). And i tried it also with Xamarin Studio but i still get an error and i think i found out what really was causing it. It don't know the output extension: obj\Debug\android\bin. But i have looked, this path exist.
    1> C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_79\\bin\java.exe -Xmx1G -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\android-4.2.2\\lib\dx.jar" --no-strict --dex --output=obj\Debug\android\bin obj\Debug\android\bin\classes "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v4.4\mono.android.jar" (TaskId:142) 1> unknown output extension: obj\Debug\android\bin (TaskId:142) 1> usage: (TaskId:142) 1> dx --dex [--debug] [--verbose] [--positions=<style>] [--no-locals] (TaskId:142) 1> [--no-optimize] [--statistics] [--[no-]optimize-list=<file>] [--no-strict] (TaskId:142) 1> [--keep-classes] [--output=<file>] [--dump-to=<file>] [--dump-width=<n>] (TaskId:142) 1> [--dump-method=<name>[*]] [--verbose-dump] [--no-files] [--core-library] (TaskId:142) 1> [--num-threads=<n>] [--incremental] [--force-jumbo] (TaskId:142) 1> [<file>.class | <file>.{zip,jar,apk} | <directory>] ... (TaskId:142) 1> Convert a set of classfiles into a dex file, optionally embedded in a (TaskId:142) 1> jar/zip. Output name must end with one of: .dex .jar .zip .apk. Positions (TaskId:142) 1> options: none, important, lines. (TaskId:142) 1> dx --annotool --annotation=<class> [--element=<element types>] (TaskId:142) 1> [--print=<print types>] (TaskId:142) 1> dx --dump [--debug] [--strict] [--bytes] [--optimize] (TaskId:142) 1> [--basic-blocks | --rop-blocks | --ssa-blocks | --dot] [--ssa-step=<step>] (TaskId:142) 1> [--width=<n>] [<file>.class | <file>.txt] ... (TaskId:142) 1> Dump classfiles, or transformations thereof, in a human-oriented format. (TaskId:142) 1> dx --find-usages <file.dex> <declaring type> <member> (TaskId:142) 1> Find references and declarations to a field or method. (TaskId:142) 1> declaring type: a class name in internal form, like Ljava/lang/Object; (TaskId:142) 1> member: a field or method name, like hashCode (TaskId:142) 1> dx -J<option> ... <arguments, in one of the above forms> (TaskId:142) 1> Pass VM-specific options to the virtual machine that runs dx. (TaskId:142) 1> dx --version (TaskId:142) 1> Print the version of this tool (1.7). (TaskId:142) 1> dx --help (TaskId:142) 1> Print this message. (TaskId:142) 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1886,3): error MSB6006: "java.exe" exited with code 1. 1> DexOutputs: (TaskId:142)

• YkshLeoYkshLeo USMember ✭✭✭✭

Xamarin Studio --> Tools --> Options --> Projects --> SDK Locations --> Android --> Android SDK

Make sure that the SDK Location path is correct.

Yes, that path is correct and also that of the JDK and the Android NDK, but anyway thanks for the reply

No these are both Deployment Errors. My error was a build error. But it works now as written in my last post. I don't know why, but it works and that it what matters.

• Vikram_BVikram_B USMember ✭✭

@Mr_Chaos

Please mark the question as answered so that others will be able to see the new issues here.

@vikramboya
    When i look at it in my Thread Overview it is marked as answered.
    But if this is only visible to me, how do i put this, so everyone can see it as answered. The Option "Did this answer your question?..." only appear at other posts. Can i do this with my own post too, which has the answer to my problem.

• Vikram_BVikram_B USMember ✭✭

@Mr_Chaos

Thanks Oke ........Happy coding ;)

• Anil.ApexAnil.Apex USMember ✭✭

@Mr_Chaos I added all registry entries which couldn't be found.
    How to add them?