I'm new to xamarin. I made a new Android Project and written a bit code. I Got the Error MSB6006: "java.exe" exited with code 1. So i started a complete new project and build it, but still the same error. I Know there are a lot of post about this kind of error but none of the given tips there helped.
I have Windows 7 Enterprise, Visual Studio 2015 with Xamarin Starter and the JDK 7u79. I have enabled the Diagnostic output, but it looks rather normal to me. the error MSB6006 is the only error/warning i get.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1883,3): error MSB6006: "java.exe" exited with code 1. 1> DexOutputs: (TaskId:150) 1>Done executing task "CompileToDalvik" -- FAILED. (TaskId:150) 1>Done building target "_CompileToDalvik" in project "App2.csproj" -- FAILED.: (TargetId:127)
I already tried using the 1G Java Max Heap Size. But I think the fault is in the used JRE beacause it lists the JRE8 and not 7, but i don't know if the JRE plays a role in the build process.
I Don't know if this is connected, but i get the Messages "Could not find schema information for the element manifest/uses-sdk/application and for the attribut package.
Thanks for your Help!