Looking for a Xamarin Developer (iOS, Android) to join our team in Markham, ON

Quanser is looking for a Xamarin Developer to join our team!

This job posting can be viewed at LinkedIn, or at quanser.com)

Job Title: Xamarin Developer (iOS, Android)
Department: Engineering
Team: Mobile App Team
Type of job: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: March 2016

POSITION OVERVIEW

We have an immediate need in our Engineering Department for a Xamarin Developer (iOS, Android) to join our Mobile App Team in the Markham, Ontario Office. This position offers an exciting and challenging opportunity for a motivated professional. You will be an integral member of our Mobile App team, which is a unique, innovative group within the company.

As the chosen candidate, you will be mainly involved in the development of Quanser’s cross-platform mobile application framework, and platform specific views. You will join a team of creative, ambitious engineers in developing Quanser’s innovative mobile software for educational content creation and distribution. You will have an integral role in shaping the foundation of the mobile software framework, as well as the look and feel of the mobile application going forward. We are looking for individuals that are ready and willing to contribute new and creative ideas to the project. The mobile app team utilizes agile software practices to design and develop software in a fun, fast-paced environment.

RESPONSIBILITIES

• Take ownership over the design and development of new platform features
• Develop and document software features
• Respond rapidly to changing requirements and priorities
• Participate and possibly lead in brainstorming activities and project status meetings
• Participate in code/framework reviews
• Mentor junior engineers and co-ops/interns
• Contribute to the preparation of requirements and specification documents
• Prepare use-cases, storyboards, and mockups for new features
• Report bugs with repeatable test cases
• Develop suitable unit tests for various framework components
• Estimate effort required for various tasks

QUALIFICATIONS

• A Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering from a recognized University
• At least 3-5 years of professional experience in a progressive position in a technology company is preferred
• Significant experience developing mobile applications using the Xamarin framework and toolset (Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Insights, Test Cloud, etc.)
• iOS (Objective-C) and/or Java development for mobile a plus

TECHNICAL SKILLS (must have)

• Proficiency in Object-Oriented (OO) software design and development
• Knowledge of software versioning systems. Git and Gitflow specific experience is an asset
• Proven track record of developing and deploying software using C# and the .NET Framework
• Development of mobile-centric code including graphically intensive UIs, managing multiple view hierarchies, and optimizing UI transitions and performance on mobile devices
• Organizing and maintaining a common core shared amongst various platforms (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.)

ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL SKILLS (nice to have)

• Familiarity with continuous integration including automated build (TC) and test systems
• UX design experience an asset
• Knowledge of the Apple App Store, Google Play Store and the entire mobile store life cycle including store policies, publishing, deployments, and provisioning an asset

SKILLS/COMPETENCIES/ATTRIBUTES:

• Must be willing to take a tactful approach and push boundaries, question processes and suggest improvements
• Ability to embrace and drive change with a “Make it Happen” attitude
• Strong project management skills
• You thrive in a dynamic team environment
• Confidence in dealing with cross-functional experts
• Ability to operate effectively in high pressure situations
• Must be a team oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic, and a sense of urgency
• Ability to focus, prioritize, multi-task, and meet difficult deadlines
• Must be detail oriented, and have the ability to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to work effectively, and coordinate efforts, with other departments to ensure targets are met
• Open to feedback, and suggestions from co-workers, and supervisor
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent troubleshooting skills for both bug tracking and technical customer support

ABOUT OUR COMPANY

Quanser Consulting Inc. is a world leader in education and research-based systems in mechatronics, control and robotics. We are a market leader focused on improving engineering education and helping universities graduate more innovators of the future.

In business for 25 years, our educational lab equipment is used by universities worldwide. At Quanser, the prime directive is to enjoy innovation, impart knowledge and produce quality control system challenges and solution for our customers.
Quanser's Engineering department is a team of dynamic, highly skilled and multi-disciplined engineers. For our team members, we offer a dynamic, creative environment where your opinions and ideas can make a difference. We provide a corporate environment that emphasizes and supports individual growth, offering resources and development opportunities to ensure your long-term success. Our leaders care deeply about your career goals and will try to help you meet your professional aspirations.

COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Quanser has a team oriented and technologically passionate culture, offering competitive salaries commensurate with experience level and a full company benefit package. Compensation for this role will be comprised of base salary plus the potential to earn an annual bonus.

~Quanser Consulting Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve, and to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. Quanser encourages all qualified candidates to apply~

• suhaskulkarnisuhaskulkarni INMember

Hi,

I would be very much interested with this job opportunity. My profile suits with this job opportunity. I have worked on Xamarin Android development, MvvmCross and Windows phone development. Please let me know if you want me to send you across my CV. My mail Id: suhassk100@gmail.com.

Thanks,
    Suhas Kulkarni

• YadavVinodYadavVinod USMember ✭✭

Hi,

I would be very much interested with this job opportunity. My profile suits with this job opportunity. I have worked on Xamarin Android, iOS development, MvvmCross and Windows phone development. Please let me know if you want me to send you across my CV. My mail Id: vinody.iet@gmail.com.