Portable Class Libraries - supported?

StuartLodgeStuartLodge Stuart LodgeUSBeta ✭✭✭

I'm trying to see if I can a MvvmCross app up and running.

I've ported the bare basics across - not much needed for just the Mvvm layer.

I used just a 'class library' and added the MonoMac assembly to it as a reference.

I wasn't able to link to the PCL project - because MD told me the Portable Profile wasn't supported.

I then tried referencing the compiled PCL DLL. This seemed to work... I've gotten quite a lot further... but now at compile time there are a few problems like:

/Users/stuartlodge/Documents/GitHub/Mvx/MvvmCross/Cirrious/Cirrious.MvvmCross.Mac/ExtensionMethods/MvxMacViewControllerExtensionMethods.cs(24,24): Error CS0584: Internal compiler error: Could not import type Cirrious.MvvmCross.ViewModels.MvxNullViewModel' fromCirrious.MvvmCross, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' (CS0584) (Cirrious.MvvmCross.Mac)

This feels to me like an error at the compiler level - and something I won't be able to easily work around.

This code works fine in MonoDroid and MonoTouch - albeit with the odd occasional problem where the MD and VS PCL tooling isn't optimal...

Before I waste any more time on this... are PCLs supported on the Mac products? If not, is there a plan for when they will be?

Thanks

Stuart