Describing business objects.

Hello.
I'm from iOS.

I just started watching Xamarin because I'm very interested in cross-platform development.
My application is pretty big (about 70 entities) and it grows, so
I'm trying to find a tool like Core Data to simplify describing of my business objects.

Would you tell me some persistence framework with caching, consistent updates, objects lifetime management that can be used with Xamarin for cross-platform development?

Аt first sight Linq to SQL might be acceptable but I didn't find System.Data.Linq library.

• exxbrainexxbrain RUMember

I mean I didn't find System.Data.Linq in Xamarin libraries.
    I don't know how I can create my business logic layer without persistence framework at least with support of Unit Of Work pattern.

• JonathanPryorJonathanPryor USXamarin Team Xamurai

System.Data.Linq.dll is not provided with Mono for Android or MonoTouch, largely because it wouldn't work when I tried it under MonoTouch 3 years ago... (DbLinq/System.Data.Linq was implicitly using System.Reflection.Emit-like functionality, which doesn't work on MonoTouch, and I never bothered to figure out a workaround.)

You will need to use a different data access provider than System.Data.Linq. If you need an ORM, you may find SQLite-net to be useful.

• exxbrainexxbrain RUMember
    edited December 2012

Thank you much for advice.

Do you think that it will be simple enough to migrate entities from Core Data with UnitOfWork, CRUD hooks, validation, automatic migration, UI for configuring (think that I can refuse last point) to SQLite-net?

Sorry, but I don't know enough about SQLite-net abilities.