The connection with the debugger has been lost

Xamarin Studio crashed while I was debugging an android version of my forms project. Now when I try to debug with iOS I get this error: "The connection with the debugger has been lost. The target application may have exited.". The error is only visible when debugging with an iOS device.

Nothing I try is working, the connection to the debugger keeps dropping. (emulator works fine and the debug version installed in the device works).

• LuisFlores.5879LuisFlores.5879 USMember ✭✭

It has been fixed !! :smile:

Ok, I accidentally did a update solution. this caused hell to break loose (never manage your repository from Xamarin Studio). A stash was created and it corrupted my android solution.

Android solution would not even pull up because I got a message about starting a file name with "<" which was true as Xamarin studio wrote to my files a bunch of <<+++++++=== symbols. (went in and delete all the lines).

then iOS wouldn't debug on device ( connection would time out) I pulled up source tree and force deleted the stash, then I clean up my build and manually recover my changes. now the debugger links with my iOS device.

A side effect is that now source tree gives out an error when I try to push changes and commits. (this is not hard to fix ...)

• pragiyapragiya LKMember

I also had a similar issue and delete all break point and then it work charm.thanks VissuDhyaram for your sharing.