1.7 Templates - how to install for Visual Studio?

Hi all,

I've not much CocosSharp experience but I know that in the past we were instructed to install templates for Visual Studio using Mobile essentials. Now that 1.7 is out it doesn't look like those templates are available - I still see old 1.5 templates when installing that way.

Am I looking in the wrong place or is it the case that the Mobile Essentials route is now out of date? How else can I install the templates for Visual Studio?

Thanks.

• kjpou1kjpou1 LUMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Looking at this now. Thanks for letting us know.

Actually nothing has changed from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1 as far as the templates go so you can use the those for now and just update the NuGet packages to 1.7.1. Just as a work around for now.

• ok so over a month later I come back and find that the Wiki is still pointing to old Visual Studio templates for CocosSharp1.5. How on earth do you install the new Visual Studio templates for CocosSharp 1.7.1?

I just want simple instructions that link to the latest Visual Studio templates. Why is the documentation so poor for CocosSharp?

• BenLevy.4265BenLevy.4265 USMember ✭✭

@DudleyAdshead.3691 ,

This is how I got 1.6 working on VS 2015. This will work the same for 1.7. Although when I updated Xamarin a few weeks ago, the 1.7 templates worked fine in VS 2015.

I was able to manually install the 1.6 templates (well just the one I wanted) and get everything working as I wanted.

If anyone is interested in using the 1.6 templates in VS 2015 let me know if the steps below don't work for you.

In short:

• Get the templates from GitHub. This is the one I used: https://github.com/mono/CocosSharp/tree/master/ProjectTemplates/Templates/StarterTemplates/Mobile/Template
    • Replace the MarkerFelt-22.xnb in the iOS project with the correct one. (The one included is not for iOS).
    • (Optional) Edit the EmptyProject.Mobile.vstempate file (Name and/or Description) so that I can easily find this template
    • Zip up the contents of the "Template" folder (Zip name does not matter)
    • Copy it to "C:\Users\ Ben\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Templates\ProjectTemplates" (VS 2015 Project Templates ** Use your user name!)
    • Copy "CocosSharp.PCL.Shared.1.6.2.0.nupkg" to : C:\Users\Ben\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\y2urpawu.vrt\Packages
  • Victor.ChelaruVictor.Chelaru USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You can currently create a Visual Studio project by going to

1. File->New->Project
    2. Select the "Online" category
    3. Search for "CocosSharp"
    4. Select CocosSharp Templates and click OK

Note that this currently only creates a Android project, while creating a Xamarin Studio project gives you the option to make a PCL + iOS + Android. This issue has been opened here:

https://github.com/mono/CocosSharp/issues/358