UI.Test error - runtime is not supported

Hi, please could you help me? I spent almost 2 days dealing with UI.Test error. I will explain.

I have created XAMARIN forms app(like visual studio created, I didn´t add anything just Xamarin.UItest project) and I want to try to test it. In my UITest project in Test.cs aI set path to my .apk in Debug folder and I run the test which just runs app. I get this error:
Mono Shared Runtime is not supported. This can be resolved by changing the project configuration or using a Release build.

When I uncheck in project properites "USE share runtime" this error disappears but test also fails because after app id deploye on device and I run it, it doesnt start.
Please hel what to do with it.

or is it possible to test xamarin android app using e.g. Appium?

Thanks

Answers

• NikhilRajanNikhilRajan USMember

You can use the .apk generated by the release build configuration and load the app using this apk. This solved our problem

• akrasztakraszt ROMember ✭✭

Also have this issue
    I uninstalled the Mono Shared Runtime app from my android device
    Also did: Right Click on your SOLUTION(not project) -> Properties -> Now under configuration for each project, select "Release". selecting Release will automatically uncheck "Use Shared Runtime"

I still get the error

Even more, if I deploy my app from Visual studio 2017 to my Nexus 5x with Android 8.0 - the app launched but it also installs Mono Shared Runtime back on the phone..

Has anyone figured it out yet? I am at a total loss..

Also have this issue
    Also did: Right Click on your SOLUTION(not project) -> Properties -> Now under configuration for each project, select "Release". selecting Release will automatically uncheck "Use Shared Runtime"

I still get the error

Even more, if I deploy my app from Visual studio 2017 to my Nexus 5x with Android 8.0 - the app launched but it also installs Mono Shared Runtime back on the phone..

Also have this issue

I still get the error

So I figured out my error..
    I was using the ApkFile path from the Debug folder..
    So I generated a new .apk and saved it in the Release folder

Everything works now