CocosSharp v1.7.1.0 - Updated release

kjpou1kjpou1 LUMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai
edited January 2016 in CocosSharp

CocosSharp v1.7.1.0 release notes

Key new features

• Bringing our v1.7.0.0 pre-release to stable. The pre-release was causing users some grief with respect to accessibility of both the packages and corresponding project templates. Hopefully, this should now be rectified.

• A few minor enhancements and bug fixes

Fixes and enhancements

• 345 CCDrawNode: Add ability to set BufferSize
  • 344 Fixed argument name typo — thanks to Therzok
  • 343 Rendering problem with CCGeometryNode and large (> short.MaxValue) geometry instance sets
  • 341 CCNodeGrid: Implement IDisposable
  • 340 CCRenderTexture: Implement IDisposable
  • 338 CCTileMap: Add HalfTexelOffset property
  • 337 Unable to load Tiled TMX file using ZLIB base64 encoded data nodes
  • 335 Tiled tile map artifacts when resized 2x,3x etc.
  • 334 CCTransitionFadeTR causes crash
  • 330 CC 1.7.0 on WinPhone8.1 on Actual Device (lumia 520) GraphicProfile HiDef error
  • 328 iOS/Mac: CCMusicPlayer: Replace AVFoundation with MonoGame implementation
  • 326 CCSpriteSheet loading issues when using SpriteKit texture atlas
  • 325 [iOS] Rendering inconsistencies with CCLabel and .ttf
  • 323 Problem with event listeners not working when transitioning scenes.
  • 320 CCLabel with custom TrueType font not working on Android/iOS
  • 313 CCParticleSystem: Incorrect free emitter positioning
  • 307 CCSimpleAudioEngine: Resuming finished background music replays song
  • 288 Audio engine: Add ability to check if effects are playing

• DomiBDomiB BEBeta, University ✭✭

Hello,

If I go trough the XS add-in manger, I still see the 1.7.0.0 pre1 version?

• RamiTabbaraRamiTabbara AUMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi Dominique,

The new XS templates should now be available.

• brostinbrostin HUMember

Hi,

In the pre-release notes the following was mentioned:

...we have reduced the scope of our package to only target iOS, Android or Windows Phone 8.1 projects. In subsequent releases, we will broaden the range of platforms supported.

Do you know when will the other project types (especially the Windows Desktop) be back?
    Thanks in advance!

• DomiBDomiB BEBeta, University ✭✭

Ok @RamiTabbara , thanks!

• BenLevy.4265BenLevy.4265 USMember ✭✭

Kenneth,

First off, I want to thank the team for producing CocosSharp. I am not trying to bitch here, just add some constructive criticism.

In order for the community to take advantage of all your hard work, we do need a little bit of help. I have just spent the last 3 weeks learning CocosSharp (including Cocos concepts) and it was really frustrating to get started. There is still a lot of things I don't have answers to.

Here are some things that will make 1.7 a much better experience for both new and experienced CocosSharp developers.

1) Be sure all the CocosSharp repository (https://github.com/mono/CocosSharp) is valid. If not, then remove the stuff that is not.
    2) Please be sure the templates are valid and work for all supported platforms (Xamarin Studio, Visual Studio 2013, 2015, etc.)
    3) Please update the Xamarin CocosSharp documentation. It sure would be nice to have "1.6 documentation" and a "1.7 documentation". Actually, it sure would be nice to have some real documentation.
    4) Please update the Xamarin Guides. Or at least make comments on things that are broken with 1.6 / 1.7. (For example, GoneBananas use CCSpriteBatchNode).
    5) If there could be a more detailed list of changes put up somewhere (preferably NOT on the forums).
    6) When applicable, please clarify if something is only relevant to CocosSharp for Xamarin Forms, Windows, iOS, Android, etc.

I know for you guys, all the past changes are well known. But for people just trying to learn, the information out there makes it very frustrating.

There is no point spending all day cooking a great meal only to turn your guests away when they get to the door!

• kjpou1kjpou1 LUMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Ben thanks for the feedback. We will try to make things better. The Xamarin guides should be being worked on.

Gyorgy now that the codebase is no longer pre-release we will be working on those. Thanks for your patience.

• Victor.ChelaruVictor.Chelaru USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@BenLevy.4265

3) Please update the Xamarin CocosSharp documentation. It sure would be nice to have "1.6 documentation" and a "1.7 documentation". Actually, it sure would be nice to have some real documentation.

Would you mind clarifying what you mean here? There is quite a bit of CocosSharp documentation available, but if you see things that are missing or out of date, let us know and we will fix it asap.

4) Please update the Xamarin Guides. Or at least make comments on things that are broken with 1.6 / 1.7. (For example, GoneBananas use CCSpriteBatchNode).

I'll check out the GoneBananas doc.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions or problems with the guides.

• WitlockWitlock USMember
    edited January 2016

No Windows DX support yet, just UWP, right?
    It's would be much faster to test and debug.

• MarioFuentesMarioFuentes USMember

The same as @Witlock , on the source tree I see the CCGameView.DX.cs class, but I not found any sample :(

Anyone has a sample?

• rawbot69rawbot69 USMember

Hi guys, is this project alive? I haven't seen any updates to the repo since January.

When will you be providing support for the rest of OSes, from what I understand the latest is just iOS, Android and Windows Phone now?

• ConorStephensConorStephens IEUniversity
    edited June 2016

I agree with @rawbot69 what is the current progress with Cocossharp has development on the project stopped?

• JOAOSerraJOAOSerra PTMember ✭✭

Im just starting to use cocosharp and now i wonder

• iwantchaiiwantchai USMember

we got some word that a sdedicated site was to go up last week with progress updates. waiting anxiously :(

• KenAlcaponeKenAlcapone RUMember
    edited August 2016

Bug #1

Tell me you will fix the delay before playing the sounds? (android)
    CCAudioEngine.SharedEngine.PlayEffect("Sounds/test");
    Delay about 0.4 seconds!!!!!

Bug #2

Not correct information the screen width!!!

metrics = Resources.DisplayMetrics;
    dWidth = ConvertPixelsToDp(metrics.WidthPixels);
    dHeight = ConvertPixelsToDp(metrics.HeightPixels);

private int ConvertPixelsToDp(float pixelValue)
    {
    var dp = (int)((pixelValue) / Resources.DisplayMetrics.Density);
    return dp;
    }

• JonJarnJonJarn SEMember

@KenAlcapone Regarding the audio delay: Have you tried pre-loading your effect before playing it? (during startup of game or startup of level or similar)

• rbmanian75rbmanian75 USMember ✭✭

Why box2d is not included in android version?

• DavidTaylor.0560DavidTaylor.0560 USMember
    edited March 20

Are there any samples using Xamarin.Forms 1.7.1? All of the guides and tutorials seem to be using older versions. Specifically 'CCApplicationDelegate' no longer exists and if there is a replacement I can't seem to find any explanation on how to migrate from CCApplicationDelegate to whatever is now used in 1.7.1.

On a side note what I do understand and know of the changes in 1.7.1 are great. Nice work.