Navigation Page within a tabbed page

Hi All,

I have the maximum allowed icon tabs (5) and still have more pages to display. Basically what I want is what twitter does with the find button on the iOS platform. When you hit the button a Navigation page slides in from the right, the tabs are still visible at the bottom and the back button is visible in the bar on top. Can anyone give me some hints as to how this is done?

Thanks Much!
percy

Best Answer

Answers

• adamkempadamkemp USInsider, Developer Group Leader mod

That's pretty straightforward. For each tab, instead of putting the normal page in directly you wrap each tab's page in a NavigationPage. If you don't want the toolbar showing up at first then you can use NavigationPage.SetHasNavigationBar(page, false). When you push a new page the navigation bar will show up for the new page, but it won't show up for the first page.

• percepticonpercepticon USMember ✭✭

Thanks Adam, I've done exactly that and there is still a problem, the first of which is that the original navigation bar at the top is visible for a quick millisecond. and the tabs at the bottom, are obsured if at all still there..
    Thanks again,
    percy

Thanks,

So the first problem has gone away thanks to your suggestion. However, the page that comes up when I push the button covers the entire screen. I would like to show the status at the top(carrier/bars, time, battery) but it too is covered along with the tabs at the bottom.
    Regards,
    percy

Sorry was doing a PushModalAsync

• farhatfarhat INMember
    edited October 2016

@everyone

<ContenPage xmlns="http://xamarin.com/schemas/2014/forms"
                 xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2009/xaml"
        x:Class="MakeItCount.MainTabsPage"
                BackgroundColor="#ffffff">
    <TabbedPage>
      <TabbedPage.Children>

</TabbedPage.Children>
    </TabbedPage>
    </ContenPage>

I want to do code like this ...is it possible ...Anyone help..

• farhatfarhat INMember
    edited October 2016

@adamkemp how to add code window in comment like yours......as i am new to xam.forms and wanted to share some douts

• adamkempadamkemp USInsider, Developer Group Leader mod

For quoting code make sure you have a newline after any preceding text and again after the code and indent every line of code by 4 spaces. Like this:

Introduction line:
    <blank line>
    <space><space><space><space>// first line of code
    <space><space><space><space>// ...
    <space><space><space><space>// last line of code
    <blank line>
    Text after code.

That said, it sounds like your question is unrelated to this post so please make a new post with your question.

• AshokAshAshokAsh USMember ✭✭

Hi,i have same problem ,how to navigate new page with in a tabbed page but the same tab bar will show in new page, in my case it showing new page with out tab bar.