UITest keeps throwing NullPointerException

In my UITests, I keep getting a java null pointer exception that seems to be coming from the framework itself (specifically the android backend apk).

This is the exception I keep getting:
System.Exception : Error while performing Query(All()) ----> System.Exception : Query for All() failed with outcome: ERROR Status: 200 Contents: {"reason":null,"outcome":"ERROR","detail":"java.lang.NullPointerException\n\tat com.jayway.android.robotium.solo.ViewFetcher.getTopParent(ViewFetcher.java:44)\n\tat com.jayway.android.robotium.solo.PublicViewFetcher.getTopParent(PublicViewFetcher.java:6)\n\tat com.jayway.android.robotium.solo.ViewFetcher.getTopParent(ViewFetcher.java:46)\n\tat com.jayway.android.robotium.solo.PublicViewFetcher.getTopParent(PublicViewFetcher.java:6)\n\tat com.jayway.android.robotium.solo.ViewFetcher.getTopParent(ViewFetcher.java:46)\n\tat com.jayway.android.robotium.solo.PublicViewFetcher.getTopParent(PublicViewFetcher.java:6)\n\tat com.jayway.android.robotium.solo.ViewFetcher.getTopParent(ViewFetcher.java:46)\n\tat com.jayway.android.robotium.solo.PublicViewFetcher.getTopParent(PublicViewFetcher.java:6)\n\tat sh.calaba.instrumentationbackend.query.Query.rootViews(Query.java:164)\n\tat sh.calaba.instrumentationbackend.query.Query.executeQuery(Query.java:51)\n\tat sh.calaba.instrumentationbackend.actions.HttpServer.serve(HttpServer.java:308)\n\tat sh.calaba.instrumentationbackend.actions.NanoHTTPD$HTTPSession.run(NanoHTTPD.java:478)\n\tat java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)\n"}

I run my test with UITest v1.2.0, on an LG G3 Android 4.4.2. This occasionally happens when I query on the UI, I can't think of any specific conditions under which it happens. I would post a bug to Xamarin Bugzilla, but the Test Cloud section on there seems to be dead, so hopefully it will get more attention here

Tagged: