Windows 32 bit Support or lack of...

IanThompsonIanThompson GBMember

Lack of 32bit Windows target support is probably my biggest bugbear at the moment. It severely hampers distribution of a game and worse still forcing the x64 target kills off the current Xamarin Studio Windows debugger...

Debugger operation failed
The request is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070032)

• EgorBoEgorBo BYXamarin Team ✭✭✭

@IanThompson 32bit support will be added soon.

• IanThompsonIanThompson GBMember

Thanks for the heads-up Egor, this makes UrhoSharp much more viable to us. Do you have a time-scale for 32bit support BTW?

• niraj_adhniraj_adh USMember

@EgorBo Any ETA for 32-Bit windows support?

@NirajAdhikari it's already supported, the nuget package contains mono-urho_32.dll

• willtschoppwilltschopp USMember

@EgorBo I am having an issue that I believe may be related to this. I'm eager to start using UrhoSharp with Xamarin Studio on my Windows PC. My project compiles without issue, however when I try to run the program, I see the following message pop up:

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

I then try setting the build target to x64, which instead presents a different error complaining about a mono-urho dll. And just to be clear, I am wanting to build for 32 bit - setting it to x64 was just to test the error I'm getting.

Does this make any sense to you? Any suggestions/solutions? I love what I have seen of UrhoSharp from the docs, but as things are, I can't use it.

@willtschopp by default, UrhoSharp copies mono-urho.dll (64bit) to the output directory so your desktop app must be built with x64 option, however it also copies mono-urho_32.dll to the same directory so I suggest to do this:
    rename mono-urho.dll to mono-urho_64.dll
    rename mono-urho_32.dll to mono-urho.dll
    however, it should be done in *.targets file for windows.

• willtschoppwilltschopp USMember

@EgorBo Thanks - I will give that a try. I've also since found that UrhoSharp seems to be working better for me in Visual Studio, so that is an option as well. I appreciate your help!