FFImageLoading Plugin - fast and memory friendly image loader (iOS/Android/Forms/Windows)

13»

• DanielLDanielL PLInsider ✭✭✭✭

If it's properly cached it should show instantly as cached svg is just a bitmap.

• EvgeniyCEvgeniyC USMember ✭✭
    edited November 2017

I change Source from string, to SvgImageSource.FromFile("svgname.svg", 100, 100, true) and it works!

My code

Page constructor

var img = new SvgCachedImage()
    {
        Aspect = Aspect.AspectFill,
        Source = SvgImageSource.FromFile("svgname.svg", 100, 100, true),
    };

Activity

public class MainActivity : Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.FormsAppCompatActivity
        {
            protected override void OnCreate(Bundle bundle)
            {
                    CachedImageRenderer.Init();
                    var imageTask = ImageService.Instance.LoadCompiledResource("svgname.svg").WithCustomDataResolver(new SvgDataResolver(1, 1, true));
                    imageTask.PreloadAsync().Wait();
                    base.OnCreate(bundle);
                    Xamarin.Forms.Forms.Init(this, bundle);
                    LoadApplication(new App());
            }
        }

@DanielL, thank you!

• DanNordquistDanNordquist USMember ✭✭

@DanielL I've been trying to install the ffimageloading packages but I keep getting errors and it rolls back on me every time. I've updated to latest xamarin.forms and other xamarin android packages, and had a fun time rebuilding all my nuget packages after failing and crashing and burning the first time.

My question, before I go to the trouble of fixing whatever needs fixed to get ffimageloading installed is: I have a xamarin forms app I'm building that uses PCL MasterDetail framework that I'm using ContentViews to populate the detail page when selecting a menu option. I have images loading on a lot of the detail views and it works great on iOS and UWP, but Android seem to randomly display or not display images. Would your package help in this case? I've tried a lot of things like downloading images from the internet vs installing in the drawable folder, converting all my jpg files to png and compressing to get the smallest possible image, and some loading variations in code, but Android still will not display all images all the time.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thank you,
    Dan

• Hi I am kind of new to Xamarin and your plugin but i hope you could help.

In a view I must show an image and put the image in gray scale if the item is not aplicable for use (isAble is a response from a web service and result of some other back end logic )

*Image in my xaml

<ffimageloading:CachedImage
    Source="{Binding CardType , Converter={StaticResource CardTypeToImageConverterKey}}"
    Transformations="{Binding GrayScaleCardTransformation}"
    />

*Initialize in VM
    GrayScaleCardTransformation = new List<ITransformation>() { new CustomTransformationSelector(), };

*IsAble property in VM changes several times and must reflect changes in view

public bool IsAble {
        get => _isAble;
        set {
                    SetPropertyValue(ref _isAble, value, "IsAble");                
            } 
    }

• jorjor Member

Hi, I asked a question (www.stackoverflow.com/questions/49301051/how-do-i-use-ffimageloadings-preload-in-xamarin-forms (sorry, not allowed to post links yet...)) at stackoverflow, maybe anyone knows the answer?

Thank you in advance

• ParamjitSinghParamjitSingh USMember ✭✭

@DanielL
    Hi, I am new to FFImageLoading. I am using lots of icons in my Xamrin forms app. When I was using Image Element the size of the icons are normal. But as now I change the Element to CachedImage the icons become too small. How to use the FFImageLoading CachedImage in order to display the correct sizes of the icons and images.

• wynerlim12wynerlim12 Member ✭✭

Hi @DanielL , I'm looking for help with this nuget, recently i'm using this nuget to caching image in order for fast loading to end user, and I'm using json to get image and text in posts from Wordpress.

Works well on Android platform which I can get latest image or text without reinstall, just need to close the apps and reopen back then getting the latest picture or text.
    But now I'm facing an issue when come to iOS platform, every time I update image or text in Wordpress need to uninstall and reinstall back the apps then only getting the latest image which is not a good behavior for end user, my expected result, on iOS platform is to reopen the apps in order to getting latest image or text. Is that any advise or reference that can solve my issue?