PCL Project with Share Project - any decent solution?

mpupmpup USMember

So I started by attempting to use OpenTK with a custom ContentPage in a PCL project - but cant use OpenTK within a PCL class. I added a Shared Project to the solution, and made the ContentPage with OpenTK within, but get errors with references to OpenTK (doesnt error till I attempt to build). If I were to create a new solution with a shared project, and then add a pcl, would this be poor practice? I'm at a loss of what to do here.

• ChaseFlorellChaseFlorell CAInsider, University mod

Personally I find PCL's far better than Shared Projects. A Shared Project is basically a glorified "file linking" project. IE: each class in the share is compiled into the binary of the project that references it.

In a PCL, it's a dedicated library that caters to the "lowest common denominator" for all of the profiles that it targets.

Unfortunately from your question, I don't know what errors you're getting exactly, but if you're simply stating that you're getting red squiggly lines under the references in your shared project, and intellisense doesn't work. Welcome to shared projects... that's been my experience as well.

• mpupmpup USMember

@ChaseFlorell
    Thanks for the info! I'm attempted to find a decent graphics medium that would work cross - platform, but this is much harder in a PCL. I'll have to do some digging, maybe come up with an intermediate library thats platform specific.