XS no longer remembers my git credentials

Connected to github. Since XS 5.10 I need to reenter username & password every time

• MariusUngureanuMariusUngureanu ROXamarin Team Xamurai

Hey @WilliamGilpin this has been fixed and will be backported to the stable release. Further information and updates on the status of the issue will be given on the bug report below.

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=36299

• Thanks - this bug is similar but a different issue.

The bug is reporting the credentials window opening three times with each push, rather than just once.

My observation is that it should, as it used to, save the credentials and never open again

• MariusUngureanuMariusUngureanu ROXamarin Team Xamurai

Even though they seem different, they are the same issue. The TFS via Git implementation needed to do a few gymnastics to work, and that means different caching of the password. The dialog appearing 3 times was TFS and normal support invalidating each other's cache, which led to password not being remembered - at all. If there was a password remembered before the upgrade, you'd get asked one time, every time for TFS - which would get discarded.

Regardless, passwords are now remembered and no more invalidation issues arise.

• valdeterovaldetero USInsider, University ✭✭

This is so annoying. Anyone have any info to solve this?