Location of Proguard.cfg

Hi everybody. I've got one question that possibly is too simple to be published on a forum however I cannot find any straightforward answer by googling. The question itself: where should I store my custom proguard config settings file (Proguard.cfg) for my Xamarin.Android project (VS 2015)? Should I refer to it somehow from within my CSPROJ properties?
Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Still no answer for the question. I am also looking for the same.

• KorayemKorayem EGMember ✭✭

@SrimansakthiroopG @StanislavMaslenko.2966 Mine has the following two lines

-dontskipnonpubliclibraryclassmembers
    -ignorewarnings

and is located here:

• SuatKorkmazSuatKorkmaz USMember ✭✭✭

Shouldn't a Proguard.cfg file generated in the Droid project when the "Enable ProGuard" option is checked? Mine isn't. I'm using VS2015

• DFoulkDFoulk USMember ✭✭

Super late on this, but I put my proguard.cfg file in the root of my Android project, then set the Build Action to ProguardConfiguration.

That being said, I believe that you can save this file anywhere in your project, as long as you set the correct build action.

Hope this helps!

• DFoulkDFoulk USMember ✭✭
    edited October 31

@SuatKorkmaz said:
    Shouldn't a Proguard.cfg file generated in the Droid project when the "Enable ProGuard" option is checked? Mine isn't. I'm using VS2015

The default ProGuard configuration file is not added to your project. It is added to obj\Release\proguard\proguard_xamarin.cfg after your first build (with ProGuard enabled).