Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Wait for Android runOnUiThread to finished - emulate Invoke instead of BeginInvoke

I want to replicate the Invoke, instead of the BeginInvoke behavior, when I am executing an action in the UI Thread.
Java wise this is implemented like this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5996885/how-to-wait-for-android-runonuithread-to-be-finished
while in WPF it is implemented like this:

Application.Current.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority.Normal, action);

My approach is using AutoResetEvent, in order to emulate the above Java approach with C#

public void Invoke(Action action)
{
EventWaitHandle _autoResetEvent=new AutoResetEvent(false);
var lockObj = new Object();
var handler = new Handler(Looper.MainLooper);
Log.Info(TrustVillageBack.ResourceRoot, ".MultiDebug: " + "Invoke was called for action: "+action.ToString());

lock (lockObj)
       {
           if (handler != null)
           {

handler.Post(action);
               //We are not in the main Looper.
               // If we were, then the main thread would be blocked
               // be waitone
               if (Looper.MyLooper() != Looper.MainLooper)
               {

handler.Post((Action)delegate()
                   {
                       Log.Info(TrustVillageBack.ResourceRoot, ".MultiDebug: " + "Invoke was not on main looper and autoResetEvent is triggered " + action.ToString());
                       _autoResetEvent.Set();
                   });

_autoResetEvent.WaitOne();
               }

}
           else
           {
               throw new ArgumentNullException("Handler in Service is Null");
           }

}
    }

however, after repeated tests this does not work, Invoke is not blocking until action is executed. Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?
Thanks in advance