Build error after update to the latest xamarin packages

Dear All,
After upgrading Xamarin Studio, Mono SDK, Xamarin Android... I got the build error.
Can anyone help me?

Here is the message:

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.targets: Error: Error executing task GenerateJavaStubs: Sequence contains no elements

The information details:
Xamarin Studio
Version 5.10 (build 871)
Installation UUID: c6c597c5-d4ca-4318-bd73-5144d3e6a0aa
Runtime:
Mono 4.2.1 (explicit/6dd2d0d)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

Package version: 402010102

Xamarin.Profiler
Version: 0.24.0.0
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Profiler.app/Contents/MacOS/Xamarin Profiler

Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 6.4 (7720)
Build 6E35b

Xamarin.Android
Version: 6.0.0.34 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Volumes/DATA/Softs/Ide/sdk
Supported Android versions:
2.3 (API level 10)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
5.0 (API level 21)
5.1 (API level 22)
6.0 (API level 23)

SDK Tools Version: 24.4.1
SDK Platform Tools Version: 23.0.1
SDK Build Tools Version: 23.0.2

Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_51"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_51-b16)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.51-b03, mixed mode)

Xamarin Android Player
Not Installed

Xamarin.Mac
Not Installed

Xamarin.iOS
Version: 9.2.1.51 (Business Edition)
Hash: 3c0ec35
Branch: master
Build date: 2015-11-12 13:05:39-0500

Build Information
Release ID: 510000871
Git revision: 4e9c5abb5ffdae12ba02ac49da83f8b2011dbb88
Build date: 2015-11-12 06:02:54-05
Xamarin addins: 55007ed0e56436f385d8e26394a45be563abc7e8
Build lane: monodevelop-lion-cycle6

Operating System
Mac OS X 10.10.0
Darwin Luongs-Mac-Pro.local 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0
Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014
root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Posts

  • YkshLeoYkshLeo USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015

    @PhongNguyen.8071,

    I think it's better to report your problem with a clear explanation in Bugzilla.

    You can try to downgrade Xamarin or Install older versions of Xamarin for your work.

    You can also request for help from : [email protected] or [email protected]

  • JaccoKamminga.0904JaccoKamminga.0904 NLUniversity
    edited November 2015

    I have/had the same issue.

    What i noticed is that the android project file was changed.The following line

    Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Novell\Novell.MonoDroid.CSharp.targets" 
    

    was changed into:

    Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.CSharp.targets"

    As a work around you can change it back manually but everytime you add items to your project Xamarin will change it again and have to change it back manually again.

    It's not the best solution, but it may work for you for now.

  • Thanks @JaccoKamminga.0904
    Your work around worked well!
    Hope Xamarin will fix this bug soon!

  • CaioshinCaioshin ITMember ✭✭

    Hello,I've the same problem now but it doesn't solve.
    Any other suggestions?

  • gmunngmunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

    After the targets have been changed, does a clean fix the build errors for you?

  • AndrewZeckAndrewZeck USMember

    Any clue to when Xamarin Studio 6.0.0 will be released? I've been waiting since 2016-02-10 21:30:47 UTC when this issue was supposedly fixed in Bugzilla https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=37240

  • I got a similar issue with error GenerateJavaStubs which was generated after upgrade to the latest version of Xamarin. (I did not upgrade Android environment for more than a year). My issue was related to the setting RunCodeAnalysis in the VS Project file. Once I removed it from the project file, VS became happy and the project compiled.

    The way I figured it out was removing all the source files and references form the project which did not fix the issue. Then I've created a new empty project using Xamarin VS project template which compiled without a problem. Then I had to compare my "bad" project with the newly created "good" project in a text editor searching for the differences and removing settings from my project until I found the critical "bad" setting.

Sign In or Register to comment.