The application XXX needs to be rebuilt due to an inconsistency

After upgrading to C6 in Visual Studio 2015 I can't debug my IOS projects into simulator and device, Visual Studio shows this message:

"The application XXXX needs to be rebuilt due to an inconsistency between the connected Mac and the local app. Please rebuild the application and try again."

I did a full clean project, and rebuild it but doesn't work.

I found a workaround:

  1. Create again the project (restore all my files and settings for the app)
  2. Open a Developer Command Prompt
  3. Compile using msbuild with this syntax:

msbuild "Y:\Proyectos Portal\Moviles\MyProject\MyProject.sln" /p:Configuration=Debug /p:ServerAddress=192.168.0.102 /p:ServerUser=MyAppleUser /p:Platform=iPhoneSimulator /p:ServerPassword=MyApplePassword

  1. Start Debugging in Visual Studio, it works.

But I don't like this way because every modification that I want to test I have to compile using msbuild, and I have to do the same for every project (create again, restore files, etc.)

Has anyone a clue of what is going on?

My MAC has OSX 10.11.1, with Parallels running Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015, and also I have a Windows 10 laptop with the same behaviour

I attached the Build Log from Visual Studio for reference

Answers

  • JoeBecknerJoeBeckner USMember

    I'm also getting the same issue, disconnecting and reconnecting my Mac Agent does not work and rebuilding the project produces no results. Frustrating...

  • RafaelCrdenasOrtegaRafaelCrdenasOrtega MXUniversity ✭✭

    thanks you for your answer, but disconnect and connect did't work for me

  • BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited April 2017

    Thanks for the reports, and especially thanks for the corresponding non-public Bug 35956 Rafael.

    I have now created a new public Bug 36059 to track reports of problems where this error message cannot be solved by rebuilding the app. That bug now appears in the Xamarin 4 "Cycle 6" Bug List along with the other reported bugs in these versions.


    Since this issue now has its own specific public bug report, I will now close this thread to consolidate any further discussion onto that bug report. Feel free to post any findings about new workarounds there to make them visible to other users.

    (As always, I'm also happy to reopen the thread upon request within the next month or two. Just send a quick email to [email protected] with a link to this thread. For follow-up after the next couple of months, if the remaining related open bug reports or forum threads do not cover the desired scenario, please follow the recommendations to create a new bug report, forum thread, or Stack Overflow question. Thanks!)

This discussion has been closed.