Forum Xamarin.Forms

Compile Error after upgrading to new Xamarin 4.0 and Forms 2.0

I've upgraded everything on the Mac and VS2013 with latest from Xamarin. Now getting the following error when compiling the iOS project. I've submitted a support request at [email protected], but thought maybe someone has seen this and can point me in the right direction.

Error 3 Failed to resolve "UIKit.UITextAlignment Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.Extensions::ToUITextAlignment(Xamarin.Forms.TextAlignment)" reference from "Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets 664 3

Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

Answers

• GaryBeasleyGaryBeasley USMember ✭✭

I can now build once I set the linker option to "Don't Link". Obviously this is unacceptable from a distribution stand point.

Once I got the build successful, I now have problems with the DevExpress Grid Control for XF, which I presume is related to the linking issue. Hopefully Xamarin will issue a release to fix this bug.

• AdamLonsdale.3550AdamLonsdale.3550 GBUniversity ✭✭

Also getting the same problem. I've just upgraded to XF 2.2 and OSX El Capitan

MTOUCH: Error MT2002: Failed to resolve "UIKit.UITextAlignment Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.Extensions::ToUITextAlignment(Xamarin.Forms.TextAlignment)" reference from "Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" (MT2002)