Forum Xamarin.Android

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Google Nexus 7 Debugging

BrianMainsBrianMains USMember
edited September 2013 in Xamarin.Android

Hello,

I have a Nexus 7 with 4.2.2 installed. I follows the instructions for xamarin studio, but only turning on debug Dev settings doesn't enable the device to be detected. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Is the device listed by the adb devices command line tool?

• BrianMainsBrianMains USMember

OK, so I'm a mac newb, and can't find any online documentation anywhere... Where is the path to the adb utility in the mac environment? I cannot find it...

On Mac, you can find it at ~/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-mac_x86/platform-tools/. So open Terminal.app, then

cd ~/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-mac_x86/platform-tools
    ./adb devices

I've asked our docs team to update the docs pages with this information.

• ChristineZuckermanChristineZuckerman USMember ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm having this issue as well, I can connect a samsung galaxy phone running 4.1.2 but the google nexus running 4.3 doesn't connect, and it is not listed when running adb devices.
    thanks.

Did you enable developer mode on the google nexus?

• RonnyBattyRonnyBatty GBMember

In Settings|System|Developer options you'll need to check the USB debugging option.

With Android 4.2+ the Developer options won't be visible by default so you'll need to enable them. Go to Settings|System|About tablet and click on the Build number 7 times to switch on developer mode.