Forum Xamarin.Android

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

persian / Arabic Layout

alinjojobaalinjojoba INMember ✭✭

how to have right to Left Layout for my whole project (i am using VS2010 )??
or
How to make the listview layout to right?

Thanks all!!

• alinjojobaalinjojoba INMember ✭✭

hi xamarin world !
    I anybody help me complete the project and after that i will keep the full source!
    Can we do that ???????

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod

Some resources about RTL:

http://android-developers.blogspot.dk/2013/03/native-rtl-support-in-android-42.html

http://developer.android.com/reference/java/text/Bidi.html

As you see in the docs Native RTL support was introduced in Android 4.2, so the easiest way is to use that and do what they describe in the first link. Otherwise you will need to mirror views yourself and do a lot of stuff to get it to work.

Also I suggest you ask better questions and be more specific, explain what you have tried and stop using excessive exclamation and question marks, they do not help your case and just make you look worse than without. No one wants to help people who do not show any effort to explain their issues.

• CraigDunnCraigDunn USXamarin Team Xamurai

this is an old thread; but resurrecting it to add that those links from @Cheesebaron work fine with Xamarin.

update your AndroidManifest.xml source to use the android:supportsRtl="true" and add values folders with translated strings (Android 4.2 and later).

here's the commit that adds hebrew and arabic (WARNING: simple machine translations only) to the TaskyL10n sample.

note that the XML editor in Xamarin Studio doesn't seem to be fully RTL aware, so you might want to edit your Strings.xml files in an RTL-aware text editor.