Copying and pasting adding extra text to end?

SmartyPSmartyP USInsider, University ✭✭

For about the last week or so I've noticed an issue in Xamarin Studio where pasting text ends up adding on extra to the end. For example, if I paste what I have in my clipboard into Sublime Text it looks like this:

UIActionSheet actionSheet;
        UIButton doneButton = UIButton.FromType (UIButtonType.RoundedRect);
        UIView owner;
        UILabel titleLabel = new UILabel ();

However if I paste that same thing into Xamarin Studio it looks like this:

UIActionSheet actionSheet;
        UIButton doneButton = UIButton.FromType (UIButtonType.RoundedRect);
        UIView owner;
        UILabel titleLabel = new UILabel ();
Label = new UILabel ();

Notice that it duplicated the second half of 'titleLabel' and everything after it. I keep seeing this issue quite frequently, it's really confusing when it is brackets that get duplicated. I'm on the beta channel fwiw. Thanks!

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Are you running any third party tools that might interfere with the clipboard?
    If you "Undo" immediately after pasting, does that fix it?

• SmartyPSmartyP USInsider, University ✭✭

Hey Michael, I'll respond back if I see it again. Haven't seen it the last few days. Thanks!

• nodoidnodoid GBMember, Beta ✭✭✭

This looks like the bug I put into BZ and is now fixed (though still awaiting a push to Alpha)

Paul

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

@nodoid - what's the BZ issue number? It'd be nice to know when it's going to make it to Beta (or even Alpha)!

James

• nodoidnodoid GBMember, Beta ✭✭✭

The version in Alpha has it fixed

• SmartyPSmartyP USInsider, University ✭✭

@mhutch - I was able to verify that hitting undo afterwards would remove the extra garbage text and leave just what was intended to be pasted. that should help in the meantime if anyone else sees this.

• BenDodsonBenDodson USMember ✭✭

This is still present in 4.0.10 (build 5).

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Yes, 4.0.10 was a very minor update to support the latest XA and XI releases, it does not include the past few weeks of bugfixes from master. We'll be doing a new XS release soon, or you could use the version from the alpha channel.

• MikaKorhonenMikaKorhonen FIMember

Have you tried to change Xamarin studio settings?
    There are few options to choose at Tools-> Options -> TextEditor
    Ther might be some help. Atleast I was pretty pleased when I unchecked "Enable on the fly code formatting"

I'm not sure if unchecking TextEditor->General->Coding "Enable code completion" would help (would be awesome feature if option page has some sort of tooltips when mouse over an option).

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

The plan is to release a Xamarin Studio 4.0.11 next week sometime which should contain the fix for the original issue in this thread.