How to have server client communication between two android applications via wi-fi?

Suppose I have two tablets in which one tablet need to have android application with UI and sqllite database. Another tablet has only UI but it needs to access database from first tablet via wi-fi.

How its possible? Please suggest.

Answers

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod

There are loads of different ways to do this. It really depends on your requirements. Does the communication need to be directly between the two peers? I.e. no server in the middle?

Or maybe you do allow communicating through a server of some sort? Your question is vague and way too broad.

• Hi Cheesebaren,
    Yes I mean there is no server between two android devices. Those needs to communicate each other as server client. Even server device will have both UI n Database.

• ShekharGrassdewShekharGrassdew USMember
    edited November 2015

Thanks Leo. I will try your suggestions.
    Will it connect database of other android device to read n save operations?

• YkshLeoYkshLeo USMember ✭✭✭✭

Do you mean something similar to TeamViewer through wifi ?

• Hey Leo,

Nope not like team viewer. It is something to connect database at one android device from another device for simple CURD.

Is it possible to open connection with other device and save/read data operations from it treating it as database server through p-2-p connection, later connection can be closed.

Also link which you have provided Android.Net.Wifi.P2p : Xamarin is not working. Can you please help?

• DevGuyUKDevGuyUK GBMember ✭✭

any xamarin forms version of the code?