iPad icon 152x152

TonyPitmanTonyPitman USMember ✭✭

I am trying to submit my app to the app store for testing and then release.

I have targeted iOS 8 and Universal.

I am getting an error when I try to submit the app. The error is:

ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."

The thing is I do have that icon in the info.plist file. It is exactly 152x152. I have checked it multiple times.

What do I do?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• TonyPitmanTonyPitman USMember ✭✭

Thank you for the reply. I just barely fixed it by doing some of what you said. Basically I just deleted the icon in Info.plist and added it all over again. That fixed it.

Something must have gotten out of sync or something because the icon was in the folder with the same name it has now and showing in the Info.plist. Not sure what was wrong.

• JakubKazmierskiJakubKazmierski CAUniversity

I have the same issue with 167 icon...but i have no where to add this i nthe Info.plist

• tom-smallstom-smalls GBMember ✭✭

I'm having the same issue as @JakubKazmierski with a missing icon for the iPad Pro (167x167).

I created an icon image and edited the Info.plist file to see if this would resolve the problem, but the image didn't get picked up during the archiving process; resulting in a exception whilst using the Application Loader stating that the file was missing (I checked the IPA file and the new icon was missing).

I called it [email protected], which may be a problem though.

I was able to upload two days ago (I haven't changed app icons).

• @tom-smalls I had the same problem with a missing icon at 167x167. I created the icon at 167x167, named it [email protected], and added it to the Info.plist and also as a BundleResource in my Xamarin project. After doing so, I was able to upload my app using Application Loader. I'm guessing you forgot to add it to your Xamarin project?

• tom-smallstom-smalls GBMember ✭✭

@MatthewOConnor I did. I just added it as a bundled resource, which worked fine (amazing how you forgot the silly things at 2am)

• GerryRempelGerryRempel CAMember ✭✭

Thanks, I got it to work following your advice

• NurhakKayaNurhakKaya USMember ✭✭

@MatthewOConnor thanks, I got it working by following your advice.

• Thanks Matthew.

So we now have to manually edit the info.plist to add icons now instead of the Universal Icons UI? That is a bit ordinary.