Note:Xamarin.iOS 9.3 preview #2 for tvOS 9.0 and watchOS 2.0 is now available.
Xamarin.iOS 9.3.x introduce preview supports for iOS 9.1, tvOS 9.0 and updated previews for watchOS 2.0. Xcode 7.1 beta 2 is required to test the new features.
Those previews are very early, unsupported builds to allow developers to test the new features and platforms recently announced by Apple and for Xamarin to gather feedback and bug reports. Your help is very appreciated!
- watchOS and tvOS API are not final, some type might be missing and some types might not be available (e.g. iOS only)
- For device builds (both iOS and AppleTV) you must disable incremental builds in the project’s options;
- Bitcode support is not enabled for any platform
- No storyboard support for tvOS projects with the iOS designer or Xcode 7.1
- tvOS MetalGame template gives a
System.InvalidOperationException on launching on an AppleTV
- watchOS2 and watchOS1 applications currently work only on watch simulator
- watchOS debugging supported only for default mode in watch simulator
- iOS template projects currently work on 32 bit devices (bug #34267)
- iOS SpriteKitGameTemplate gives build errors (bug #34433)
- VisualStudio support is not available for initial preview