Showing Hebrew text in a TextView

AlonAvivAlonAviv USMember ✭✭
edited September 2015 in Xamarin.Android

Hi there,
I have no problem showing Hebrew text in my TextView while using TypeFace.Serif and when I set the text (e.g tv.Text = "מילה")
The problem is when I get the text from a StreamReader, reading from a file...
I tried: system.text.getencoding(1255).getstring(my text in bytes...) but that didn't do the trick.
help please.


  • @AlonAviv
    I think, the text is not in Unicode format.
    In my app its working fine, though the test is string not bytes.

  • AlonAvivAlonAviv USMember ✭✭

    One of the constructor of StreamReader is (string path, system.Text.Encoding encdoing).
    That did the trick.

Sign In or Register to comment.