Forum Xamarin.Android

Animation and hardwareAccelerated

Greg767Greg767 CHMember ✭✭
edited September 2015 in Xamarin.Android

Hi,

This is my second project where I observe the following behavior:
Whatever animation (a small scale and rotate in this case) on a view (Button) becomes choppy after some time during the development process. So in the beginning it renders smoothly as it should, then after one compile suddenly it starts to render choppy as soon as it starts. No dropped frames, CPU is under 20%, memory of the view is 37megs... If I disable hardware acceleration for the activity, animation becomes smooth again.
Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Thanks
Greg

• EverettEverett USMember ✭✭

Sounds like a very odd bug, is this on a simulator? or physical device? Does doing a clean build help?
    I'm a bit thrown off by

during the development process

Then

So in the beginning it renders smoothly as it should, then after one compile suddenly it starts to render choppy as soon as it starts.

So do you mean you've written a bunch of other code related to the application? Or it starts acting up simply by redeploying the build to the device/simulator?

• Greg767Greg767 CHMember ✭✭

Its on both emulator and physical device. On the first project I saw this, was from the beginning, on the current one, I have a feeling that it came after I swapped some assets from lower to higher resolution ones. When I saw this I've tried everthing from clean build to restore the old assets. Nothing worked except turning off HW acceleration on the activity.