Insights 1.11.0 Release

GordAllottGordAllott GBXamarin Team Xamurai

Insights client release, 1.11.0

This release is mostly maintenance but has a few API changes of note and thus is a minor release.

Changes

• The following API can now be set before Insights.Initialize is called
    • Insights.DisableCollection
    • Insights.DisableDataTransmission
    • Insights.DisableExceptionCatching
    • Insights.ForceDataTransmission
  • Additional traits can now be assigned to a previously Identified user by passing null as the first argument to Insights.Identify
  • There is an additional optional named argument in Insights.Initialize(), setting blockOnStartupCrashes to true will cause insights to block your main initialisation on startup in order to submit any startup crashes to Insights. This may be useful for those that are not concerned with startup time, please note that the delay could be substantial and it is not default for this reason

There are many assorted bug fixes and maintenance fixes in this release

1.11.0 should be showing up on nuget shortly

• ChristopherDeutschChristopherDeutsch USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai

Setting blockOnStartupCrashes will run this code for you:
    http://developer.xamarin.com/insights/#dealing-with-startup-crashes

Insights.HasPendingCrashReport += (sender, isStartupCrash) =>
    {
      if (isStartupCrash) {
        Insights.PurgePendingCrashReports().Wait();
      }
    };

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this but I'm not sure what the support emails are for Insights.

I have a Xamarin Insights Business subscription that which works brilliantly for all my existing Insights applications.

The other day I created a new Xamarin Insights application and I don't seem to have the same business capabilities on this application. i.e. I don't have access to the Users or Audience tabs. I am presented with a Start Trial page.

I don't know whether this is a limitation of the subcription or a bug in Insights. I was wondering if someone could check it out?

If you would like any more information please inbox me or let me know

@JKay currently when you add new apps you have to contact insights@xamarin.com to get the new app set to the correct level. We're working on improving that.

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

@ChristopherDeutsch Thanks for the reply. I would have never guessed that. I'll do that now. Thanks

• Shane000Shane000 USMember ✭✭✭

Is it possible to re-download our dsym back from insights?

@ShanePope it is as of today.