Profile and Cache Issues After Reinstall

JamesGreen.8031JamesGreen.8031 GBMember ✭✭

Last week my development machine died and I've had to reinstall everything. I'm working on a Xamarin iOS / Android project using MvvmCross. The Core project was set to use Profile259. I've been working on this app for a few months all fine until the OS reinstall.

After reinstalling

Windows 10
VS2012 Pro (my main development program)
VS2015 Community
Xamarin Business (VS, iOS, Android etc ...)

Now when I open my mobile solution all the projects referencing the Core (Profile259) project say they cannot add a reference to it due to being unsupported. Obviously this isn't correct as I was working on this application last week and running it on XAP etc.

So I started looking around.

Checking here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework.NETPortable\v4.5\Profile\Profile259\SupportedFrameworks

There are no Xamarin framework XML files.

If I look in the Profile78 directory for instance:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework.NETPortable\v4.5\Profile\Profile78\SupportedFrameworks

There are:

Xamarin.Android.xml
Xamarin.iOS.Unified.xml
Xamarin.iOS.xml

Copying these files into Profile259 removes the warnings in Visual Studio but why would they be missing in the first place? Is there a better approach to addressing this and am I just masking a bigger problem? Could this be an installer issue? So many questions!

Any pointers or input would be really appreciated.

J