how to use old ios simulator version in xamarin studio after I install xcode 7

I update my xcode to xcode 7, but I can not udpate my xamarin studio to use it. Because I have not renew my subscription now. I have download the ios 8.4 from xcode, but I still cannot select ios 8.4 in xamarin studio. How to use the ios 8.4 simulator? Anybody can help me. Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• adamkempadamkemp USInsider, Developer Group Leader mod

You may be able to download some old simulators from within Xcode (go to Xcode's Preferences and look at the Downloads tab). If the simulator you care about isn't listed then the only way to get it is to manually copy the SDK from an older version of Xcode into your current version, which is a tedious process that will be reverted with every Xcode update.

• You have to download the old version of Xcode from here: https://developer.apple.com/downloads/ and rename Xcode.app to something like Xcode 7.0.app

• adamkempadamkemp USInsider, Developer Group Leader mod

There's no need to rename your installed Xcode. I would instead rename the old Xcode, install it next to the current one, and then you can choose which Xcode to use in the Xamarin Studio preferences (look for the SDK section).

• LeiKanLeiKan CNMember

@WilliamGrand @adamkemp thanks, resolved.

• AnthonyRamirezAnthonyRamirez USUniversity ✭✭✭

@adamkemp! Thanks for this...just saved me a bunch of time :smiley:

• doublehamdoubleham Member

Open Xcode on your Mac. Then navigate to Window -> Device and Simulators. At the bottom left corner press the "+" icon to add a new simulator from your selected ios version