SlSvcUtil generated proxy for Cross Compatible

I just realized that the proxy generated by SlSvcUtil will only compile with a reference to Mono.Android.

How does this affect iOS?

I would like to share the Proxy class in our shared project between iOS and Android.

• ProfunctionalProfunctional USMember

Cool Thanks. Glad to see that the Mono Touch community has grown since I last tried this. Don't all chime in at the same time.

• ChrisHonselaarChrisHonselaar NLBeta ✭✭✭

Easy there tiger, you just asked this question yesterday :)
    I think all of us are doing a pretty good job on helping others out on these forums. But with the huge number of questions (many of which are not even really Xamarin related), it takes time, and sometimes a question could just be overseen.
    You always have the option to call on Xamarin support directly, hop in the chat, StackOverflow etc etc.

Re your question: what kind of issue are you seeing if you compile your proxy and reference it from Xamarin.iOS? I'm not 100% sure if it will work, but you may want to try creating a Portable Class Library around the proxy, and share that. If not, you will still need to create separate library projects for Android and iOS, but you can probably use file linking to still share the actual proxy code.

• ProfunctionalProfunctional USMember

The generated proxy using SlSvcUtil will not compile unless a reference to Mono.Android is present.

So this is not possible in the shared project. So that means the proxy is OS specific. If using a Controller class that is shared, there is now way to use this proxy.

• ChrisHonselaarChrisHonselaar NLBeta ✭✭✭

That simply makes no sense.. SlSvcUtil actually creates proxies for Silverlight. It works with Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android because they (currently) have a superset of/are based around the Silverlight profile.

What build errors are you seeing exactly when you try to build for Xamarin.iOS, or as a PCL?

What version of Xamarin.iOS are you running?