iOS Upgrade - Xamarin now gives me 2400+ warnings

Hi

Ok iOS 9 was released, updated my iMAc's Xcode and Xamarin to the latest versions.

Opened my project and Cleaned then Built. The app runs fine but there are 2472 warnings. 99% seem to be the same thing, on the Main.Storyboard file.

Is this expected ?

The error specifically is the following:

/Users/johnadmin/Development/xamarin/performance_shared/Performance/Main.storyboard: Warning: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: 2015-09-18 14:03:32.870 Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool[3777:82278] CoreUI: CUICatalog: couldn't get 'kMGArtworkGraphicsFeatureSetFallbacks' from MGCopyAnswer got '{ (Performance)

/Users/johnadmin/Development/xamarin/performance_shared/Performance/Main.storyboard: Warning: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool:     ArtworkDeviceIdiom = pad; (Performance)

/Users/johnadmin/Development/xamarin/performance_shared/Performance/Main.storyboard: Warning: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool:     ArtworkDeviceScaleFactor = "-1"; (Performance)

/Users/johnadmin/Development/xamarin/performance_shared/Performance/Main.storyboard: Warning: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool:     DevicePerformanceMemoryClass = 1; (Performance)

/Users/johnadmin/Development/xamarin/performance_shared/Performance/Main.storyboard: Warning: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: }' (Performance)

Opening the storyboard within Xcode itself, making a small change, saving and then rebuilding in Xamarin didn't resolve the issue either.

Is there any way to fix this issue in one fell swoop ?

Tagged:

• JonathanDibbleJonathanDibble GBMember ✭✭

I am getting a very similar thing. My project is using xib rather than storyboard. 18900+ warnings. These two repeated over and over again

ViewControllers/ProfileViewController/ProfileViewController~iphone.xib: warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: 2015-09-18 14:15:08.973 Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool[6260:871769] CoreUI: CUICatalog: couldn't get 'kMGArtworkGraphicsFeatureSetClass' from MGCopyAnswer got '{
    ViewControllers/ProfileViewController/ProfileViewController~iphone.xib: warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: ArtworkDeviceIdiom = pad;
    ViewControllers/ProfileViewController/ProfileViewController~iphone.xib: warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: ArtworkDeviceScaleFactor = "-1";
    ViewControllers/ProfileViewController/ProfileViewController~iphone.xib: warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: DevicePerformanceMemoryClass = 1;
    ViewControllers/ProfileViewController/ProfileViewController~iphone.xib: warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: }'
    ViewControllers/ProfileViewController/ProfileViewController~iphone.xib: warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: 2015-09-18 14:15:08.973 Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool[6260:871769] CoreUI: CUICatalog: couldn't get 'kMGArtworkGraphicsFeatureSetFallbacks' from MGCopyAnswer got '{
    ViewControllers/ProfileViewController/ProfileViewController~iphone.xib: warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: ArtworkDeviceIdiom = pad;
    ViewControllers/ProfileViewController/ProfileViewController~iphone.xib: warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: ArtworkDeviceScaleFactor = "-1";
    ViewControllers/ProfileViewController/ProfileViewController~iphone.xib: warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: DevicePerformanceMemoryClass = 1;
    ViewControllers/ProfileViewController/ProfileViewController~iphone.xib: warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: }'

• ArrenArren USMember
    edited September 2015

Add us to the list.

I first started seeing them when I switched to the beta channel yesterday in order to work on iOS 9 compatibility for an un-released application. I switched back to the stable channel this morning with the latest update and the warnings are still present.

• aliozguraliozgur TRMember

Same here. I get 16400 warnings after upgrading to XCode 7, iOS 9 SDK and latest stable XS

• DanBelcherDanBelcher USMember ✭✭
    edited September 2015

I am seeing similar warnings here...about ~6795 warnings like this:

Views/LayersViewCell.xib:  warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: 2015-09-18 16:01:06.158 Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool[30290:5293727] CoreUI: CUICatalog: couldn't get 'kMGArtworkGraphicsFeatureSetFallbacks' from MGCopyAnswer got '{
    Views/LayersViewCell.xib:  warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool:     ArtworkDeviceIdiom = pad;
    Views/LayersViewCell.xib:  warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool:     ArtworkDeviceScaleFactor = "-1";
    Views/LayersViewCell.xib:  warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool:     DevicePerformanceMemoryClass = 1;
    Views/LayersViewCell.xib:  warning : /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: }'

• JonathanDibbleJonathanDibble GBMember ✭✭

I re-installed XCode6.4 and the warnings disappeared. I had to install 6.4 because when opening a xib in XCode I had no source code when I opened the Assistant Editor; which doesnt help when your trying to add a UILabel that you need code to access. This whole release has been a shambles.

• HannesRangHannesRang DEMember

Same problem here.

18k warnings suddenly after the xcode update.

• Same problem.... :-/

• LeoWongLeoWong USMember

Same here. Any suggestions?

• Same problem here:

• Xamarin Studio
      Version 5.9.7 (build 9)

• Apple Developer Tools
      Xcode 7.0 (8227)
      Build 7A220

• Xamarin.iOS
      Version: 9.0.1.18 (Business Edition)
      Hash: d230615

In our case we get 16000+ warnings like those above when building in a 'debug' configuration; none when packaging for deployment.

• HumorWinsHumorWins USMember

Same here. We got the one about "couldn't get 'kMGArtworkGraphicsFeatureSetFallbacks' from MGCopyAnswer"

and we also got the following one a number of times:

PhotoMarkupViewController.xib: Warning: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: 2015-09-21 11:42:12.862 Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool[25766:1088597] Please stop using -[UIToolbar _setForceTopBarAppearance:]

Thankfully we've taken to installing and trying all xamarin upgrades on a "test box" before we put it on any dev machines or build machines. We'll pass on installing until this is resolved.

• Same here, I upgraded to the latest SDK and got this:

Warning /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool: 2015-09-21 14:07:13.411 Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool[782:10712] CoreUI: CUICatalog: couldn't get 'kMGArtworkGraphicsFeatureSetClass' from MGCopyAnswer

• EdgarApeldoornEdgarApeldoorn USMember
    edited September 2015

Same warnings here after upgrading to latest version.

• Same here 9700 warnings

• MansTannerydMansTanneryd SEUniversity ✭✭

I'll join in. Upgrade to latest version gave me warning galore.

• MariusVEMariusVE ROMember ✭✭

Updating gave me approx. 27 000 warnings.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Thanks for the reports, and special thanks to ArenMund for bringing this issue up on the forum release announcement. (Posting in the release announcements helps provide the Xamarin team with visibility on new issues that have just appeared related to a new build.)

The latest information about this issue is now being tracked under non-public Bug 33706 on the forum release announcement: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/50971/stable-release-xamarin-ios-9-0-ios-9-0-upstream-release/p1

I will now close this thread to help direct any further updates about this issue onto that thread.

This discussion has been closed.