Grial UI Kit for Xamarin Forms (Xaml Layouts)

PabloGermanoPabloGermano UYMember ✭✭
edited September 2015 in Xamarin.Forms

Hey everybody!

Just wanted to share with you our first Xamarin Forms User Interface Kit, Grial.
Grial is collection of fully customizable, themeable screen layouts crafted in XAML :)

You can use it as a "starter kit" or you can take whatever you need for your project.
Hope you like it.

Cheers!

• powerdudepowerdude USMember ✭✭

page doesn't seem to work in IE or Firefox very well. Plus, no download and no where to add email address

• PabloGermanoPabloGermano UYMember ✭✭

Hey @powerdude thanks for your feedback!
    We´ve tested it on the latest versions of IE and Firefox and it seems to work fine :)
    Perhaps you are using an old version or you cannot run Javascript on your environment?
    In any case I can add you manually to the subscription list :) Just send me your email by private message.

Thanks!

• DavidTavarezDavidTavarez DOMember ✭✭✭

@PabloGermano se ve bien :smiley:

@DavidTavarez Muchas gracias!

• PerCramerPerCramer NLUniversity ✭✭

any roadmap for the release? Will it be days, weeks, months?

edited September 2015

Hey there! @PerCramer we hope it will be in hours!
    In this precise moment it´s been reviewed for Xamarin Components Store guys.

Thanks!

@PabloGermano , haha that is quick! I will watch the component store then ;-)

Did not pass the component store inspection yet @PabloGermano ?

Hi @PerCramer luckily It took les than 24 hrs for approval :)
    Grial UI kit it´s available on Xamarin Component Store now

Looking forward to hear your thoughts :)

Cheers!

Hi @PabloGermano . I just send you a pm ;-)

• Amar_BaitAmar_Bait DZMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015

Great job guys! looks awesome! I'll try to convince my boss to get us this :smiley:

@Nadjib.Bait Thank you very much! We hope you can convince him too ;)

• GeraldVersluisGeraldVersluis NLUniversity ✭✭✭✭

Looks great! I'll see if I can put it to use in a near future project :)

• LeonPotgieterLeonPotgieter ZAMember ✭✭

Such a nice idea, had high hopes for this, unfortunately it doesn't appear to be ready.

I've just licensed the extended version... opened the sample project - iOS looks fine, Android Views are all over the place on 5 different devices including the Genymotion Emulator and generally it looks terrible. Blue lines everywhere, entry's overwritten by the line underneath, huge gaps and blocks everywhere... Pretty much unusable.

Have tried Android API 17 upwards, XForms 1.5.0.6446 as well as the previous stable release... all have similar probs.

Some screenshots of Android Views (from the sample project) attached... really very disappointing.

Not sure if this will be fixed, but if not I'm going to ask for my money back...

Hi Leon,

We are very sorry about the issues you are experiencing. The product was developed and tested for Android 5.0 (API Level 21). That is why it was set as the minimum allowed version in the Grial sample project. Somehow we forget to mention this in the product documentation to reinforce it and we are sorry for that. We already updated the documentation to reflect this and will be included in the next update of the product.

So as soon as you changed the minimum Android version, you entered in an unsupported territory. Although Kitkat is not a supported version we did some test on it and we just found minor issues like some background color differences. Unfortunately the issues we found in Jelly Bean are a little more complex to fix. We don't have plans in the near future to support Jelly Bean, but we can consider Kit Kat if this requirement gains more traction. We are currently working in Windows Phone support that is being highly requested.

Again, sorry for any trouble this could have caused you and don't worry for your refund we have already asked Xamarin to process it.

Best,
    Pablo

Hello everybody,

We just released Grial UI Kit version 1.1 and we are happy to announce that we support Android (API 17+)
    It´s available on Xamarin Store now

Cheers!
    Pablo

Hey Guys! It's me again :)

This time I want to share something else with you.
    It's a new tool we've been working on since we started with Grial UI Kit.
    And I'm pretty sure you are gonna love it :)
    It's name is Gorilla Player - Instant XAML preview for Xamarin.Forms.

We are going to open a beta - next week hopefully - :)

Please check it out.
    We are looking forward to hear your first thoughts.

-Pablo

• AnthonyRamirezAnthonyRamirez USUniversity ✭✭✭

@PabloGermano

Awesome Vid!

Thanks a lot @AnthonyRamirez!
    Did you subscribe?

• GuiWaltrickeGuiWaltricke BRMember ✭✭

@PabloGermano there are possibility to release using C# code without XAML?

@GuilhermeWaltricke at this point we are focused on XAML preview :)

• @PabloGermano Buenas Pablo, me gustaría saber si existe alguna versión de prueba para comprobar la flexibilidad de estos templates a la hora de modificar ligeramente o moderadamente el interfaz que estos definen. Estoy bastante interesado en ello pero no poder probarlo antes me hecha un poco para atrás.

Gracias.

@MatiasMoreno Buenas Matias! por el momento solo podemos facilitarte el .apk, pero supongo que no te va a servir de mucho, si lo que quieres medir es la flexibilidad de Grial :)
    De todas maneras podemos hacerte una demo, envía un correo a [email protected] y con gusto coordinamos para mostrare Grial UI Kit en más detalle.

A modo de adelanto quizás este video te aclare un poco mejor las cosas :)

Gracias!

• AnthonyVuoloAnthonyVuolo USMember
    edited January 2016

Hi, I have an exsiting Xamarin forms project with a shared code library. I just purchased Grial and am wondering what an easy way to copy some xaml views from the Grial sample solution into my existing project is. I added a reference to UXDivers.Artina.Shared.iOS and am wondering which files from the sample project I need to move into my IOS and main Xaml project to get for example the ProductsGrid.xaml working inside a grid column within a content page in my existing app. Thanks

Hi @AnthonyVuolo we've just added some new documentation about this :)
    Please let us know if this helps you. If not, drop us a line to [email protected]

Best!
    Pablo

• MahaLJMahaLJ USMember ✭✭

I need Xamarin Forms User Interface beside Grial UI Kit ?
    Give me another Suggestions

Hey there everybody! Grial UI Kit demo it's available on Appstore!

• PeterTratePeterTrate USMember

Can anyone provide examples of mobile apps that have been built utilizing the Grial Kit? Thank you!

Hi there @PeterTrate here are two of my favorite ones http://www.dognrapport.dk/ and http://www.ecoalsur.com/

Cheers!

• BlazeyBlazey USMember ✭✭

I bought it.

It is working fine with Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat version 23.0.1.3 but once I upgrade it to version 23.3.0 (stable) I get plenty of errors (151) from your dll eg:

'Resource.Styleable' does not contain a definition for 'Theme_windowNoTitle'
    'Resource.Styleable' does not contain a definition for 'Theme_windowMinWidthMinor'

How can I workaround it?

Hi there @BlazejProchniak.6709 could you please submit a ticket to our support site? We will help you as fast as we can.

Thank you in advance!

• Shadow_CodderShadow_Codder AUMember ✭✭

need help, here
    this happened after I have tried to move Grial in to a new shared project
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/69621/getting-error-in-root-path-for-t4-template-and-bunch-of-other-error-help-please/p1?new=1
    also why there is no documentation or support for this product?

• AMORFAIROUZAMORFAIROUZ USMember ✭✭

@PabloGermano need help here i couldn't download the project after paiement please reply to my emails

• AlexStrongAlexStrong GBMember ✭✭

@AMORFAIROUZ How did you get on in the end? I'd be interested to hear how this project has matured and whether it is good value for money.

Alex

• AMORFAIROUZAMORFAIROUZ USMember ✭✭

@AlexStrong hello alex unfortunately i didn't use the grial ui until now because i need a project that supports windows universal version but i can confirm that it's a good trick for android and ios apps a very good design and organized code . well done

• SHAKTIMANSHAKTIMAN INMember ✭✭

hi, is there any demo app which we can use in our app after some customization?Can we use this for free trial?

• XigmondXigmond USMember ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

** Grial UI Kit ... **

I believe this UI kit is the most awesome Tools Set and completes the great xamarin forms . because xamarin forms is new and still under development , a real world app development with xamarin forms needs some additional work often provided by 3rd parties (which of course you can create yourself with lots of time and technical know-how) in this area,

• Syncfusion
    • ComponentOne
    • Grial UI Kit
    • Telerik UI components
    • and ...

are the names you hear more than any others

Grial UI kit has awesome features like : ** RTL Support** , Them Base Ui Components, Easy Usage, Great performance and many other good things.

however there is one thing about this which has prevented me to use it in my apps , and thats being very expensive !!

and there is no Community Edition for free or non-profit apps ( this is why we know syncfusion much better )

• DmitryBlackDmitryBlack RUMember ✭✭
    edited March 3

Grial UI Kit - Three hundred dollars for the standard edition? For that kind of money in it, what is the AI who is programming for the developer himself? :D :D :D The guys there are not confused? This is not an operating system, this is not a graphics package, this is not a CAD. This is just an instument, a set of interface elements! I would have thought very well about taking over $30, and then after checking on the trial.