XS file tabs not responding to clicks

JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

Using XS 4.0.8 on Windows 7

I'm finding that the file tabs are not responding to clicks - making it impossible to switch files using the mouse. I can still switch files using Ctrl+PageDown and Ctrl+PageUp.

Restarting XS fixes it for a time, then the problem recurs. I have not identified a repeatable step to reproduce the problem.

Anyone else experienced this and/or is it a known bug?

James

• PatrickMageePatrickMagee USMember

Hi James,

Using 4.0.8 (Build 2) on Windows 7.

I've been experiencing exactly the same here. Seems to happen whenever I edit the main layout file, or similar, using the GUI (Main.axml). Problem recurs whenever I do this on whatever project I'm working with.

Also - I can't close a file from the tabs (clicking the small X), I have to close via the menu or hot key.

I've only been using XS for a couple of days - so I'm not sure if this is a recent bug or something that's been happening quite a while.

Pat

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Best thing to do for stuff like this is to get a bug filed on our Bugzilla page for Xamarin Studio. You may want to do a search to make sure it already hasn't been filed, though. The best policy is to provide as much information as possible (even though sometimes that's difficult). Generally, we always like to have full version information which can be found by going to Xamarin Studio -> About Xamarin Studio -> Show Details -> Copy Information. Additionally, logs are helpful (make sure you only include relevant logs!) and can be found from the Help menu. And most importantly, a description of the problem, and if possible, steps to reproduce. Test cases are also valuable (where they apply).

Obviously, the more information we give our engineers, the easier it is for them to debug and fix the issue! :)

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

There's already a bug open for this, we released a fix for the reproducible cases we knew about but there seem to be others that are more difficult to track down...