MT5212 link errors

The application we have was compiling okay the other day, but now it will not. It still works in the simulator but has lots of MT5212/MT5213 linker errors when compiling for a real device. We get lots of these type of linker errors.

Error MT5212: Native linking failed, duplicate symbol: '_llvm.embedded.module'. (MT5212) (POS.iOS)
Error MT5213: Duplicate symbol in: ...POS/iOS/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/calabash(LPGCDAsyncSocket.o) (Location related to previous error) (MT5213) (POS.iOS)
Error MT5213: Duplicate symbol in: .../POS/iOS/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/calabash(LPCLIColor.o) (Location related to previous error) (MT5213) (POS.iOS)

I've looked for answers but didn't find anything. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• ChristianFalchChristianFalch NODeveloper Group Leader ✭✭✭

Seems like there is a problem with how the Calabash (Xamarin UI test libraries) are linked in the version for the device - have you tried removing the references to Xamarin UI Test and re-adding them?

• It does not compile in Debug mode, but does in Release mode though. This is a Xamarin Forms (shared code) solution and the issue is with the iOS project. In the references area there is the following.

From Packages:
    Calabash
    Xamarin.Forms.Core
    Xamarin.Forms.Platform
    Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS
    Xamarin.Forms.Xaml

There some others are:
    System
    System.Core
    System.Xml
    Xamarin.iOS

There isn't any Xamarin UI test libraries in this project to remove.

• RaymondBradyRaymondBrady USMember
    edited September 2015

I am experiencing this same issue. Release mode works for me but Debug produces the MT5212/MT5213 linker errors.

iPhone 6 Plus (8.4.1)

• Xamarin performed a number of application updates and package updates this morning. Now everything seems to be working again. So, whatever you good people did, it looks to have fixed the problem, so many thanks.

• PaulReadPaulRead GBMember ✭✭

I have this exact same error, but no update received today. Are you on the stable update channel or Beta/Alpha?

• PaulReadPaulRead GBMember ✭✭

Scratch that an update to Xamarin TestCloud Agent fixed the issue - yah!

• PaulFarrowPaulFarrow USMember
    edited September 2015

I had the same issue and I can confirm today that updating Xamarin.TestCloud.Agent to version 0.16.2 got me passed the issue when deploying a debug version of our app to an iPhone 5s running ios 8.4.1. I would like to thank the above for pointing me in the right direction.

• I am able to debug in simulator but in release mode it is showing the issue.
    MTOUCH: Error MT5212: Native linking failed, duplicate symbol: '_llvm.embedded.module'. (MT5212). I am final stage of my project, please some one guide me to solve this.