Can't see Lollipop device

That's frustrating. I'm able to develop little apps with Xamarin and debug them directly on my old phone, an HTC One S with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).

I recently got a HTC One M9 and updated it to Android 5.1 (Lollipop). And I can't see the device on the Xamarin devices list.

My pc can see the device. The debug\developer option on the device is active. The Xamarin version is 5.9.4 (build 5). Any idea what I'm missing?

Tagged:

• rogiheerogihee NLMember ✭✭✭

I don't know why and how - I have stopped asking that question a long time ago with many issues with Android - but with my laptop (Dell XPS15) and devices (Nexus 4/7/9) I always seem to have trouble when the device is low power or near empty. I then see the device flipping frequently in the device manager.

I always make sure I'm above 40% when doing actual device debugging (and speak some voodoo phrases just to be sure).

• LukeLukeLukeLuke USMember

Solved! I was simply missing the right drivers (HTCDriver4.10.0.001). I didn't think about them because everything was working fine, except the USB debugging. Now the device correctly shows on the list.