I am An Indie Developer using Visual Studio 2015 how can i get xamarin account for visual studio?

Dear Xamarin,

I'm an Indie developer i usually develop in C# using visual studio. Was ever using Cordova for building mobile apps and feel not comfortable because its laggy experience. How can i get Free License (or 1 time low cost license) to integrate my VS 2015 with Xamarin ?

Answers

• stvansolanostvansolano ✭✭✭ UMInsider, University ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015

@ErichMezque have you tried starter edition instead?

• ErichlongMezqueErichlongMezque USMember

Oh I SeeXamarin bundeled with my Visual Studio 2015 is Starter Edition. Will it be expired in 30 days if i just create Xamarin account and login using it? I haven't pay anything to xamarin for it. IMHO Xamarin price listing is so difficult to understand.

• VictorGarciaAprea.9996VictorGarciaAprea.9996 Xamurai USXamarin Team Xamurai

@ErichlongMezque The Xamarin bits bundled with VS 2015 are not really the "Starter Edition" only; you can use any edition with the Xamarin bits bundled into VS 2015. It will pick up the license assigned to the account you use to log in into Xamarin.

Also, Starter edition doesn't expire. It's free and has limitations (app size, etc). You can start a free trial for 30 days, which won't have any of these limitations. If you are totally new to Xamarin I'll recommend that you start with Starter and then switch to the trial as soon as you are blocked with any of the mentioned limitations.