Linking iOS libraries

brbbrb AUMember ✭✭
edited August 2015 in Xamarin.iOS

Hi,
I am trying to bind a 3rd party library (libSuperpowered.a) and it has dependencies on AudioToolbox, MediaPlayer, CoreMedia, and AVFramework frameworks. It also has a dependencie on libc++.dylib, and libSystem.dylib.

When I link my final solution I get a lot of unresolved symbols because it appears that these libraries are not being linked. E.g. I cannot resolve new() and delete().

There is nothing in the documentation about adding additional libraries such as stdlib for Objective-C - has anyone else seen this issue? How should I add the additional XCode set of libraries?

To work out the dependencies I built a stand-alone XCode project in Swift and linked it to find the dependencies that libSuperpowered.a had: The map file uses the following libraries:

# Object files:
    [  0] linker synthesized
    [  1] /Users/bryon/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SuperpoweredFrequencies-hboqtrhmnzbezseqfxjuazamakcf/Build/Intermediates/SuperpoweredFrequencies.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SuperpoweredFrequencies.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/SuperpoweredIOSAudioOutput.o
    [  2] /Users/bryon/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SuperpoweredFrequencies-hboqtrhmnzbezseqfxjuazamakcf/Build/Intermediates/SuperpoweredFrequencies.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SuperpoweredFrequencies.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/Superpowered.o
    [  3] /Users/bryon/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SuperpoweredFrequencies-hboqtrhmnzbezseqfxjuazamakcf/Build/Intermediates/SuperpoweredFrequencies.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SuperpoweredFrequencies.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/ViewController.o
    [  4] /Users/bryon/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SuperpoweredFrequencies-hboqtrhmnzbezseqfxjuazamakcf/Build/Intermediates/SuperpoweredFrequencies.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SuperpoweredFrequencies.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/AppDelegate.o
    [  5] /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator8.4.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks//AudioToolbox.framework/AudioToolbox
    [  6] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(ssl.o)
    [  7] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(aes.o)
    [  8] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(net.o)
    [  9] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(oid.o)
    [ 10] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(x509.o)
    [ 11] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(asn1.o)
    [ 12] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(sha.o)
    [ 13] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(rsa.o)
    [ 14] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(SuperpoweredBandpassFilterbank.o)
    [ 15] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(ctr_drbg.o)
    [ 16] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(bignum.o)
    [ 17] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(SuperpoweredHome.o)
    [ 18] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(SuperpoweredHTTP.o)
    [ 19] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(SuperpoweredInternet.o)
    [ 20] /Users/bryon/Desktop/Test/Superpowered/libSuperpoweredAudio.a(SuperpoweredMixer.o)
    [ 21] /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator8.4.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks//Foundation.framework/Foundation
    [ 22] /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator8.4.sdk/usr/lib/libc++.dylib
    [ 23] /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator8.4.sdk/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib
    [ 24] /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift/iphonesimulator/libswiftCore.dylib

Thanks

Bryon

Tagged: