Xamarin.Forms Intellisense not Working on Visual Studio 2015 clean Install

raveroravero USMember ✭✭

Hi,
I'm trying to write a Xamarin.Forms project in Visual Studio 2015 made with a clean install:

What do I do? I thought there was built-in support.
Regards.

Best Answer

• raveroravero US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I've found this issue to be resolved in updated versions of Xamarin for Visual Studio.

Answers

• ChaseFlorellChaseFlorell CAInsider, University mod

I'm not using 2015 yet, but I have seen this on the forums a few times.

And it's reportedly fixed in 1.0.5-pre1

• Not working for me even on 1.5 pre-3

• raveroravero USMember ✭✭

I read on the 1.5 pre-3 release notes that they removed Intellisense support.

Honestly I'm hard to find any reason to use Visual Studio as Xamarin IDE, I'm finding more trouble than productivity, that's a shame for the business product so expansive and with the main highlight being VS support...

• RaphicRaphic USMember

Any Luck ? @ravero .
    I believe in XF in Xamarin Studio intellisense works Smoothly, But facing same problem in Visual Studio Xamarin.Forms, No Intellisense Support in Xaml , Please Some one do needful and help me remove Blue Hell Lines from Xaml.

Below is the Dropbox link of the Image where i am getting Blue Lines.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq6k1odw3qmubpn/Screenshot 2015-09-12 13.43.01.png?dl=0

@Raphic, no lucky here!

Xamarin Studio works fine for XAML intellisense, but editor quality is very far from the Visual Studio one.

Accepted Answer

I've found this issue to be resolved in updated versions of Xamarin for Visual Studio.