Forum Visual Studio

asp.net mvc with razor working between visual studio and xamarin studio

irwa82irwa82 AUMember ✭✭

Hi,

I created a c# asp.net mvc with razor and unit tests project in xamarin studio on mac then ran the project by pressing the run button and it opens in web browser and runs fine.

I then opened the default project in visual studio 2015 community edition and it does not work it has the following error: There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined.

If I create a default visual studio asp.net mvc project and try loading it in xamarin studio i get a whole bunch of errors with assemblies.

I was under the impression that c# was working towards working on linux, mac and windows seemlessly without issues. But Default projects without any changes don't seem to port between the systems.

I am brand new to c# and mvc and going through training videos on microsoft virtual academy/pluralsight etc and was hoping to learn both xamarin studio and visual studio and change between them but it does not appear I can do that as the projects don't work on both systems.

Is there something I am missing or do I have to work in one platform only?

Regards,
Anthony