XLabs errors on Windows Phone project

AndrzejKwiatkowskiAndrzejKwiatkowski USMember
edited August 2015 in Xamarin.Forms

So I've got an empty xamarin.forms project which works fine on iOS, Android and WinPhone, but I need XLabs HybridWebView,, and after only adding XLabs.Forms from Nuget on WinPhone project these errors started to show:

Error       Type universe cannot resolve assembly: Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WP8, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
Error       Cannot resolve Assembly or Windows Metadata file 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WP8.dll'
Error       The type "WindowsPhonePage" is abstract and must include an explicit value. 

Can someone tell me what is going on?

I have:
VS2015
XLabs 2.0.5713-pre4
Xamarin.Forms 1.4.4.6392 (latest stable)

Here is the project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfrkkg45759sera/BlankWinPhone.zip?dl=0

Best Answer

Answers

• SKallSKall USMember ✭✭✭✭

Looks like NuGet didn't include Xamarin.Forms Windows platform package. Try to reinstall or check what packages got installed.

• I reinstalled Xamarin.Forms, and even tried to use prerelease version of it, and nothing changed.
    Then I added Xamarin.Forms.Windows package as well (before I had only Xamarin.Forms), but that did not help neither. Error is the same all the time.

This is what I have:

• Thank you, I changed to WP8.1SL and now is ok.

• It actually end up not working. I mean it compiled, but web page does not show on HybridWebView. As I did not find any tutorial how to add WindowsPhone Silverlight project to existing Xamarin Forms I did create the whole crossplatform project in Visual Studio, it compiled, but it did not work out. My last step was take Hybrid playground, because I thought this will work perfectly from the start, but it did not. Rest of my struggle I described here:
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/50078/hybridwebview-2-0-5726-pre6-does-not-work-on-ios-and-windowsphone?new=1

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@SKall said:
    Your application is WP8.1 application, not WP8.1SL application. You would have to install XLabs.Forms from the source as we haven't published NuGet packages for it yet. I did add HybridWebView for Win8.1 applications so if you install from source it is there.

include prelease and installing prerelase for wp81 and uwp works for me as well

• @batmaci could you please provide the package names you installed to make this work

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@ManikantaPratapVarma I have xlabs.core, xlabs.forms and xlabs.platform. for android and ios 2.0.5782 and wp and uwp 2.0.5783-pre01. I hope this helps

• PonsundarSinghPonsundarSingh INMember

for me, it was some uninvited WinPhone8 dlls, i removed from Reference of Windows Phone 8.1 project. Then it compiled successfully

• venkat.0969venkat.0969 USMember ✭✭

@PonsundarSingh Could you please specify what is the list of these "uninvited WinPhone8 dlls".

• How to remove Windows Phone 8.1 , Windows 8.1 from PCL Project