Opening .stoyboard file in Xcode always making Xcode crash

skmskm USMember, University

Hi Team,

I have created few screen in Xamarin Studio, and when I try to open the story board file in Xcode, it is always making the Xcode crash.
Below is some error message I see, can some one interpret what exactly does it mean.

ASSERTION FAILURE in /SourceCache/IDEInterfaceBuilder/IDEInterfaceBuilder-7706/InterfaceBuilderKit/Document/Model/IBMemberPropertyStorage.m:249
Details: must be a candidate of ibDesignableContentView.ibShadowedSubviews to be an explicit value
Object:
Method: -setBits:forToManyRelationship:inConfiguration:
Thread: {number = 1, name = main}

Answers

• AlanMcGovernAlanMcGovern USXamarin Team Xamurai

If you can share the storyboard with us we should be able to figure it out!

Alternatively you can try removing parts of the file using an xml editor until you narrow down the part which triggers this error.

• Any resolution to this? I have the same problem.

edited December 2015

If you have this kind of issue, the simplest option is to send us the storyboard so we can figure out exactly what's wrong. A private bug in bugzilla ( http://bugzilla.xamarin.com ) filed against Xamarin Studio/iOS Designer would be the best way to get this resolved.

• JanetteHooperJanetteHooper CAUniversity

Alan, was there a resolution for this problem? I have the exact same error, and have sent my storyboard file and build output to support. It would seem that it occurs regularly, there is also a report of it on stack overflow, also with no resolution. Please post the answer here as well as in your (private) bug system. Since this problem in the storyboard file makes the file not open in Xcode, it is something structural that XS has let us do to the file.

These issues can typically on be fixed on a case by case basis. If you can file a bug with your storyboard attached (public bug or private bug) we'll be able to look into it.