How to add a text input field in Cocos Sharp android project?

Hi,

I am new to cocos, I've been trying to get CCTextFieldTTF to work on my android game. Text is displayed but when touched nothing happens. Anybody can help me to get this working? I really need to add a text field. Also I could not find any examples or proper documentation on this class. If anyone can point me in the direction of any example that would also be great. Thanks in advance.

• kjpou1kjpou1 LUMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

This will be in the next release. There are samples already out there if you want to try it from the github repo.

I will also be placing a sample out in the samples repo as well today or tomorrow.

• Is there an anticipated date for the next release?

• OKay. thanks for the help :)

• kjpou1kjpou1 LUMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

We are working on the next release which updates the SharpDX assemblies to the latest and greatest. With this comes some problems with packaging with NuGet and PCL which is why this is not out yet. We are hoping to have a resolution this week and a new release by the end of the week or first of next week.

If you can try github source base and see if that helps it would be a good test.

• BrandonGBrandonG USMember

There is an issue with the Textinput solution, https://github.com/mono/cocos-sharp-samples/issues/12