Problem while creating project for windows phone 7.1

Dear Experts while developing project for windows phone 7.1 I am facing some problem.

What I have done so far are as below.

I have developed a shared PCL in Xamarin Studio
Installed windows phone 7.1 development SDK for Visual Studio 2010.
Created a windows phone 7.1 project by using Visual Studio 2010's template, "SilverLight for windows phone".
Added the PCL project in my Visual Studio 2010 project as Existing project.
Added the PCL project to Visual Studio 2010 project's reference as well.
I am Using Xamarin Studio 5.9.4 (build 5)
But while accessing the Shared PCL , I am getting some errors. Errors detail are as below.

Error 1 The type 'System.Object' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.

Error 2 The type 'System.Collections.Generic.IList`1' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.

Error 3 Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<SharedPCL1.DOUser>' to 'System.Collections.Generic.IList<SharedPCL1.DOUser>'

To resolve the errors I have change the Target Frameworks
refer to the image

After doing that I am now getting more errors,

Error 4 The type or namespace name 'Tasks' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Threading' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Error 5 The type 'System.Object' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.

**Error 6 **The type or namespace name 'Xamarin' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Error 7 The type or namespace name 'ContentPage' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Error 8 The name 'LayoutOptions' does not exist in the current context

Why so ...? Is that because of version mismatch..? I mean to say that the PCL which was developed in Xamarin Studio with some supporting assemblies does not supports the target frameworks version in Visual Studio 2010 with SilverLight for windows phone 7.1 ..????

My System's OS is Windows Professional with SP1.
Then I have tried that with Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition also But I couldn't find Store App/ Windows Phone templates on Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition. This is available only For Windows 8 or higher. So I got struck.

I need your expert advice to move forward.

Dear Experts , I am in a stage where client is on finalization mode whether to go with Xamarin or not.
So in this scenario if I don't get any guide from you it will be very difficult for me to work on Xamarin.

Answers

• kentuckerkentucker USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect part of the issue with the pcl is that visual studio 2010 does not support async await. Is it possible to use visual studio 2012? Why are you trying to target windows phone 7.1 (6.8% of market share) instead of windows phone 8.1 (78% of market share)?

what operating system are you using there is not a windows professional with service pack 1? Could it be windows 7?