An active Xamarin Platform license is required to add applications to Insights

opiantsopiants NZMember ✭✭

I've been waiting for days now to add a new app to Insights. Now that the upgrade's finally finished(?), when I try to add an app it gives me an error saying "An active Xamarin Platform license is required to add applications to Insights". We have an active Business Plan subscription.

Best Answer

Answers

• opiantsopiants NZMember ✭✭

@ChristopherDeutsch Works now. Thanks.

• BetaVIBetaVI USMember ✭✭
    edited August 2015

@ChristopherDeutsch

I am having this same issue and I have an active business plan subscription. Also, i lost the app that i had in Insights prior to the conversion, so i am trying to re-create the app. Is there any way to use an existing key?

I would just update the key in my code, but i wont be able to push a new version to production for at least 2 weeks.

• BetaVIBetaVI USMember ✭✭

Never mind, I am now able to see my new dashboard. Looks nice, I have to get used to all the new information.

• nhaccuatuinhaccuatui USMember
    edited March 2016

I have same problem. I dont know why?

• ChristopherDeutschChristopherDeutsch USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai

@nhaccuatui you have to have a valid Xamarin iOS, Andorid, or Mac license to add an app.

Make sure you're using the same email/account in Insights as the one the license is assigned to.

• I have the same problem. I am using visual studio community and I have created a xamarin account. However I do not how to active a licence for that account and when I try to create new app in insights, it tells me that "An active Xamarin Platform license is required to add applications to Insights."

How can I activate a licence for my xamarin account? How can I check if I have a licence?