Preview Release: Google iOS SDK's on NuGet

2»

Posts

  • KennethThormanKennethThorman DKMember ✭✭

    @BradMoore @Laumania

    There is a link to the dll on the comment https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=36466#c15

    I am not sure it is live anymore, but I can confirm that it is working

    Regards
    Kenneth

  • MadsLaumannMadsLaumann DKMember ✭✭

    Just downloaded the .dll linked to in the bugzilla issue, but I miss something, because I cannot see how that .dll help me?

    I mean, that .dll is not a part of any of the components, nor does it help to add the .dll itself to the project?

    What am I missing :D

  • @JoseManuelMontero said:
    Anybody use the Google Cloud Messaging? I have a problem when open the app first time. I got this exception message.

    [899:] <GMR/INFO> App measurement v.1100000 started
    [899:281805] You have enabled the CloudMessaging service in Developer Console, but it appears as though your Podfile is missing the line: 'pod "Google/CloudMessaging" or you may need to run pod update in your project directory.
    [899:281805] Successfully configured [].
    [899:281805] Failed to configure [].
    [899:281805] Subspecs not present, so not configured [Analytics, AdMob, SignIn, AppInvite, CloudMessaging, Maps].
    [899:281805] Subspecs expected to be present [CloudMessaging, Measurement].
    [899:] <GMR/INFO> Network status has changed. code, status: 2, Connected
    [899:281812] +[NSData gtm_dataByGzippingData:]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0x3ba74214
    [899:] <GMR/ERROR> Exception on worker queue: +[NSData gtm_dataByGzippingData:]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0x3ba74214

    Any idea?

    Thanks

    I am getting a similar output to this when trying to implement Cloud Messaging in a new app as well as when I run the sample app included in the component. The only difference in my output is there is no unrecognized selector. Below is the exact output:

    [410:38728] Finished Launching
    [410:38728] Starting GCM
    [410:38728] You have enabled the CloudMessaging service in Developer Console, but it appears as though your Podfile is missing the line: 'pod "Google/CloudMessaging" or you may need to run pod update in your project directory.
    [410:38728] Successfully configured [].
    [410:38728] Failed to configure [].
    [410:38728] Subspecs not present, so not configured [Analytics, AdMob, SignIn, AppInvite, CloudMessaging, Maps].
    [410:38728] Subspecs expected to be present [CloudMessaging, Measurement].
    [410:38728] Failed to configure Google: Unable to configure GGL.
    [410:38728] Started GCM
    [410:38728] Registering for Remote Notifications

    I replaced the Google.Core.dll that was included in this bugzilla comment but nothing changed. Any other solutions/workarounds?

  • RainerMagerRainerMager JPMember ✭✭

    Any update and on Analytics + Ad Mob issue? I'm still facing this and can't build or release new versions.

  • BerayBentesenBerayBentesen TRUniversity ✭✭✭✭

    Any documentation for GCM on Xam iOS ?

  • BradMooreBradMoore AUMember ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016

    @JonathanDick , do you have any update regarding using Google.Analytics and Google.MobileAds together? It is has been holding up the release of our app update for about a month now.

    EDIT: Updating to latest packages (Xamarin.Google.iOS.Analytics to 3.14.0.1 up from 3.13.0.0, and Xamarin.Google.iOS.MobileAds to 7.6.0.1 up from 7.5.0.0) lets my example in this thread actually compile. Have not gone through and tested on physical device yet.
    Tagging to be sure they get notifications @RainerMager @KennethThorman @BauerXcelMedia-MobileDev @Laumania

  • NickThompsonNickThompson USMember

    Hi guys, getting an issue on GCM component, authorisation all seems to go ok, i get a reg id fine then try to send a notification to the device and get the following in the app output

    GCM | Error none of the remote notification callbacks implemented by UIApplicationDelegate

    the following is in my AppDelegate.cs

    public override void DidReceiveRemoteNotification (UIApplication application, NSDictionary userInfo, Action completionHandler)
    {
    Log ("Received Remote Notification");

            // Notify GCM we received the message
            Service.SharedInstance.AppDidReceiveMessage (userInfo);
            completionHandler (UIBackgroundFetchResult.NoData);
        }
    

    which i assumed would be the function called on receipt of a notification, any help would be great?

    Thanks

  • _albertoms_albertoms MXUniversity ✭✭
    edited June 2016
  • _albertoms_albertoms MXUniversity ✭✭
  • Eric.7936Eric.7936 USMember ✭✭

    @_albertoms

    I'm still getting this error even after implementing ReceivedRemoteNotification . Already inherited Appdelegate with IInstanceIdDelegate . Any idea ?

  • _albertoms_albertoms MXUniversity ✭✭
    edited September 2016

    Eric, ( I can't put a @ to your name because of the dot )

    I reported an issue on the project's Github page and they answered this:
    https://github.com/xamarin/GoogleApisForiOSComponents/issues/10

  • JonWhiteJonWhite USMember ✭✭

    I'm trying to use the Google.iOS.signIn package and I keep getting the following message:

    You have enabled the SignIn service in Developer Console, but it appears as though your Podfile is missing the line: 'pod "Google/SignIn" or you may need to run pod update in your project directory.

    Do I still need to use cocoapod with this package? The component documentation doesn't mention anything about needing it.

  • BalaJagBalaJag INMember

    There seems to be an issue with the latest xamarin google analytics component and ios10. Basically the app crashes in ios10 with Google analytics embedded. The same code works when run against a simulator or device running ios 9.2. Seems to be related to this issue
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38850192/google-analytics-sdk-ios10

    Any plans on upgrading the components (especially the analytics piece) to the latest google SDK to make it compatible with ios10

  • _albertoms_albertoms MXUniversity ✭✭

    This link seems to stop working. What I ended up doing is overriding the method ReceivedLocalNotification instead of DidReceiveRemoteNotification, because the latter was never called when a push is received.

    @Janx hope this helps to your situation.

  • Nice to be here, this community is great place to learn!Thanks! I'll give this a shot.

  • JovyJovy USMember

    @JonWhite said:
    I'm trying to use the Google.iOS.signIn package and I keep getting the following message:

    You have enabled the SignIn service in Developer Console, but it appears as though your Podfile is missing the line: 'pod "Google/SignIn" or you may need to run pod update in your project directory.

    Do I still need to use cocoapod with this package? The component documentation doesn't mention anything about needing it.

    I am encountering the same issue. Is there a solution to this problem?

  • IsraelSotoIsraelSoto MXXamarin Team Xamurai

    @Jovy said:

    @JonWhite said:
    I'm trying to use the Google.iOS.signIn package and I keep getting the following message:

    You have enabled the SignIn service in Developer Console, but it appears as though your Podfile is missing the line: 'pod "Google/SignIn" or you may need to run pod update in your project directory.

    Do I still need to use cocoapod with this package? The component documentation doesn't mention anything about needing it.

    I am encountering the same issue. Is there a solution to this problem?

    Google SignIn doesn't make use of Pods, so, you cannot call Google.Core.Context.SharedInstance.Configure method. You will need to set Google.SignIn.SignIn.SharedInstance.ClientID property manually, like:

    var googleServiceDictionary = NSDictionary.FromFile ("GoogleService-Info.plist");
    Google.SignIn.SignIn.SharedInstance.ClientID = googleServiceDictionary ["CLIENT_ID"].ToString ();
    

    Hope this helps.

  • JovyJovy USMember

    @IsraelSoto said:

    @Jovy said:

    @JonWhite said:
    I'm trying to use the Google.iOS.signIn package and I keep getting the following message:

    You have enabled the SignIn service in Developer Console, but it appears as though your Podfile is missing the line: 'pod "Google/SignIn" or you may need to run pod update in your project directory.

    Do I still need to use cocoapod with this package? The component documentation doesn't mention anything about needing it.

    I am encountering the same issue. Is there a solution to this problem?

    Google SignIn doesn't make use of Pods, so, you cannot call Google.Core.Context.SharedInstance.Configure method. You will need to set Google.SignIn.SignIn.SharedInstance.ClientID property manually, like:

    var googleServiceDictionary = NSDictionary.FromFile ("GoogleService-Info.plist");
    Google.SignIn.SignIn.SharedInstance.ClientID = googleServiceDictionary ["CLIENT_ID"].ToString ();
    

    Hope this helps.

    @IsraelSoto, that worked.. Thank you

  • NathanNunesNathanNunes USMember ✭✭

    I'm using the
    Xamarin.Google.iOS.SignIn v4.0.2 and Xamarin.Google.iOS.Core v3.0.3.5 , however I get the following 2 errors when trying to build the iOS project,

    Native linking error: clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/richard/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/MyZYP.iOS/82b716916c08a91ce5ec152349cb67b7/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/GoogleSignIn'

    Native linking error: clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/richard/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/MyZYP.iOS/82b716916c08a91ce5ec152349cb67b7/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/GGLCore'

    Im using Xamarin Forms Version 2.3.3.193

    Any help on how to fix this issues? Thanks.

  • RohanMayekarRohanMayekar USMember
    > @BradMoore said:
    > @Laumania nope. We gave up and moved onto a new ad library (AdToApp) instead. Ironically one of the ad networks it uses classes with Xamarin Insights crash reporting. The sooner any of these pods dummy classes get fixed the better. Not a fan of dropping Xamarin Insights support in return for ability to use ads.

    Hi Brad,

    How did you signup to adtoapp?
  • BradMooreBradMoore AUMember ✭✭✭

    @RohanMayekar I think my client signed up and gave me access to their account. But this was a very long time ago.

  • RohanMayekarRohanMayekar USMember

    Oh ok thanks.

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.