How to even get started?

I installed mono, gtk#, and xamarin studio

i create a new gtk project and there is already an error in this line:

this.Title = global::Mono.Unix.Catalog.GetString ("MainWindow");

Error CS0400: The type or namespace name 'Mono' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?) (CS0400) (ewqewqeqeqwq)

how can i set the correct references?

ty

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

Do you have a reference to Mono.Posix?

• mess123mess123 ITMember

i dont even know what that is :D how can i add it?

In the Solution window, inside your project expand References and see if it references Mono.Posix. In order Mono.Unix.Catalog your project needs to reference Mono.Posix. If this is missing right click References, select Edit References, find Mono.Posix, tick the reference and select OK.

yes thats the problem but i cant find anywhere that mono.posix and i cant select it manually from the directory...

On the Mac the Mono.Posix.dll is located:

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/4.0/mscorlib.dll

ok thnx, any way so that every project start with that automatically?

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

You could write a custom template plug-in to do that, but it's more trouble than it's worth.

Once they get around to making Save Project as Template a reality, life will be much easier.

edited August 2015

David Hunt has covered two ways of doing this. The only other way would be to alter the existing template and compile MonoDevelop from source, which if you are only using GTK# would be possible.