Multiple document UI

ThomasFlemmingThomasFlemming DEMember ✭✭

For our new app we need multiple documents of different type and some tool-windows. The documents should be arranged in tabs or side-by-side in a main-window or even dragged out onto a second screen. The tool-windows should be able to hide and show and to dock and float in the main-window.

A perfect sample of our idea how it should look like is actually Xamarin Studio Mac.

I'm quiet new to Xamarin.Mac so I'm wondering how to get started with the windows?

Thanks for any advise,
Tom

Answers

• KMullinsKMullins USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi @ThomasFlemming,

I'd suggest taking a read through all of our User Interface guides for Xamarin.Mac first. Especially the Windows guide.

You'll also want to check out the Working with .XIB files document and several of the sample apps in the Mac Samples Gallery.

In several of the sample apps, I'm moving sub views in and out of existence based on the user's selection in the Side Bar on the left side of the window and I'm using a View Splitter.

This should be enough to point you in the right direction.

Thanks,

Kevin

• ThomasFlemmingThomasFlemming DEMember ✭✭

I read all these docs already and I also checked a lot of these samples. Actually I didn't find a hint up to now how to do these tabbed windows or the floating/dockable toolboxes. Do you have a specific sample in mind?
    Tom