Xamarin Android Player "Could not configure host-only network. Please reboot the system..." Error

asyasy TRMember

I upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and i cant run Xamarin Android Player. What can i do?

Screenshots:

Best Answer

Answers

• @ApostolApostolov thanks! saved me a lot of grief.

• rbrenartrbrenart USMember

@ApostolApostolov thank you!

• caseydedorecaseydedore USMember

Thank you sir!

• JoaoLealJoaoLeal PTMember
  • TaramouseTaramouse USMember

I am using VS2015 Community and installed Xamarin Android Player at home. My internet access set up is as follows:
    Using Android phone hotspot connected wirelessly to my laptop.

I also had the same problems outlined above when trying to install a virtual device using XAP. The fix posted by ApostolApostolov did not work with my set up and installation still failed with the same error.

I fiddled around and eventually fixed it by navigating to the C:\Program Files\Xamarin Android Player\ folder and running first setNetworkRegistryValues.exe as Administrator, then DeviceManager.exe as Administrator. When I proceeded with the device install this time it set my network up correctly and 'ta da' my emulator worked correctly.

• Still Having issues. Manually adding a network to virtual box gives me an error.

"E_Fail"

• For the folks still having issues with XAP on Windows 10, there is a much better way to test/debug android apps, using the Visual Studio Emulator for Android. It is free and can be downloaded from https://visualstudio.com/en-us/features/msft-android-emulator-vs.aspx. The emulator requires Hyper-V so make sure to have that feature turned on. One installed start it up and it will show up in Xamarin Studio as a physical device. You can now deploy and debug your app without all the pains of the XAP.

• huy.9217huy.9217 USMember

i have same problem .ibut very easy to fix .
    just do this .
    i know this answer is to late .but it help you all can do it easy than way before

1.png 764.8K
  • WallyZWallyZ AUMember

I have tried everything on thing in this post but still can't get XAP running.

I get errors from setNetworkRegistryValues.exe.

Manually changing the host only adapter address to anything also does not work because XAP immediately changes it back to a 169 address.

Running as admin does not work.

Running setNetworkRegistryValues.exe and devicemamanger.exe as admin does not work.

Configuring compatibility to Windows 8 does not make any difference.

Repair does not work!

Any help or ideas appreciated.